This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not only dogs can be heroes!

Hero kitty saves her boy from a dog attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggsy3Cxg4U

That's one territorial cat; probably saw the kid as its kitten.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Saw this yesterday - great cat! Doesn't just drive him off, CHASES him.

Comment

Hooray for the kitty! A nice bit of salmon would be a good reward...

No, not this kind

This kind!
        Last edited by XCashier; 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This is a great story about Tara, the cat. It reminds me of a story about a man in a wheel chair who was mugged by a guy who wanted his laptop. The wheel chair guys cat immediately latch himself onto the mugger's face until the mugger ran off. It's a shame there was no video of that.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

my one irritation came from the news reporters who where calling for the owners blood.

which made me have to start coming up with justifications for the dog.

such as, the dog through the bike was something dangerous and was trying to save the child.
            something about the noise in the area spooked him.
            maybe the dog smelled something funny
            and maybe the dog is the kind that smells cancer and smelled a cancerous melanoma on the kids leg.

or the dog is a douche.

but seriously the immediately jumping on the owner thing bugged me

Comment

I do agree with that. Even good dogs can occasionally do unpredictable things. Hell, I just sunk $500 into saving my little dog after my big dog got spooked by a backfiring engine and accidentally hurt her. These dogs are best friends, yet still, it happened. It's not fair to automatically assume the big dog is bad.

I read that the dog's owners have voluntarily left him for observation. Hopefully this was a one off incident and the dog really isn't a bad dog. I fear though, since he bit a child, that he's doomed.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                I read that the dog's owners have voluntarily left him for observation. Hopefully this was a one off incident and the dog really isn't a bad dog. I fear though, since he bit a child, that he's doomed.
                Story i read said the dog is being destroyed, because it also bit the mother(previously) and was still behaving extremely viciously under observation.

(I'd guess not properly socialized?)
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I haven't read that yet, but then again, I've been otherwise occupied with a major event going on in my area.

I hate it when people don't train their dogs properly. Even the best behaved dogs can have a "one off" incident, but people who don't keep the larger breeds well trained and socialized make it much harder for those of us who do properly care for our dogs. I have a mastiff, and people's reactions to him are sometimes outright fear. All my dumb dog wants is for everybody in the county to pet him.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    I hate it when people don't train their dogs properly. Even the best behaved dogs can have a "one off" incident, but people who don't keep the larger breeds well trained and socialized make it much harder for those of us who do properly care for our dogs. I have a mastiff, and people's reactions to him are sometimes outright fear. All my dumb dog wants is for everybody in the county to pet him.
                    i hate people who would penalize one of my dogs because they where huge (except for vixie and chance the shiba-inus and claire the pug i've never had small dogs) but they would be toting around some small breed dog that was the one growling barking and nipping trying to antagonize my fluffies. im sorry my pure breed dumb as a sack of rocks but we still love him gold retriever that is cowering behind me and whimpering in fear of your chihuahua that is currently trying to ravage my foot but is being hinder by my shoe and my hateful glare is only named Diablo. He is not the one causing the issue your muffin is.

people think if its small you dont have to worry about it attacking.

Comment

Oh, I know that. I've always had giant breeds. My current dog is a Brazilian Mastiff. I've also had a Japanese Akita/St Bernard mix, an English mastiff and a Newfie. I do currently have a small dog, but I have her because she walked into my house one day and won't leave. She was in emergency surgery last week because she and the mastiff were playing and a motor backfired startling the big dog, which led to him clamping down and her getting injured. Big dumb dog cried, whimpered and howled until she came home from the vet. He was so upset he hurt her. They're back to being buddies again.

Comment

Working...
                      X