X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY!!!

So today I got a call.

From the company I did contractor work for for about 10 years, but hadn't worked for in over a year.

They have a project they think will be perfect for me.

Writing pieces about... GAMING!

18 300-500 word pieces a month.

It's not a lot of work, but they hope it will be reoccurring, and since I haven't had any work from Software Company since May I took them up on it.

(Now I just have to hope the 2 companies don't find I'm working for both of them.)

Edit: The fact that they CALLED me is huge. Up until this point all communication with the company has been via email or on the Basecamp site. Even with the CEO, and Vice President of the company.
    Last edited by Akasa; 08-27-2014, 10:47 PM. Reason: adding info

Yay! Congrats!

Comment

Umm, this may be 'Naive' of me but...

Why would 'software company' have a problem with you taking work on the side? I get "no-compete" type clauses, but (and correct me if I am wrong) the two companies do not seem to be competitors. Worst case scenario I can think of is; if the 'software company' is developing games that you go on to write about, then that would be a conflict of interests.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

When I first started writing for Software Company I was working for CD.
        I signed a non-compete with CD.
        CD and Software Company parted ways.(I don't know the details I don't care. I only know my main source of income disappeared.)
        BFF and my editor went to work for Software Company. Lawyers got involved.
        I was offered a position with Software Company and the lawyers said that since I've known BFF 20 years SHE could offer me the position and legally nothing CD could do because I've known BFF longer than I worked for CD.

So, there's some bad blood between the two companies.

Comment

Working...
        X