Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, I take my hat off to you for even putting up with that! And I'm so glad you went thru with handing in your notice. Like others have said, just reading that reminded me of horrible jobs I've had, and the anxiety that came with them. Best of luck for your new career - and I hope you can come post stories about that place soon
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      All this drama in a dress shop? It's a foreign company? I've only had bad experiences with those. They felt like they didn't have to follow U.S. employment laws.
      Yeah, it's crazy. I feel like they have NO idea what they're doing at all. We haven't gotten a shipment since late July - we're a small store, we have maybe 300 items stocked. Someone I know worked at a store right near mine and they get shipments twice a week - three times is common as well! It's kind of shocking to me how this company works, and how our store is still even open.

Here's some more BS for you guys to read -
      I just called the store because on Sunday, the schedule hadn't been completed (it's supposed to be completed the week before), and I wanted to know if I was working this weekend. Aaaaaand...they didn't schedule me at all on Saturday or Sunday. I can only work weekends because of transportation, so the fact that they didn't schedule me on the only 2 days I can work is pissing me off beyond belief. Now, I know they need somebody working because there are only 4 people employed here, but I have a feeling they're calling people from our 2 sister stores to come in and work this weekend (one of the girls from them answered when I called too!). Instead of me. I'm wondering if they truly don't need me working this weekend (unlikely) or they're just being dicks because I gave my notice. :P I've only worked 4 hours this pay period (I get 8.00 an hour), and it ends this coming Sunday, so that means my paycheck will only be 30 dollars...not enough for 2 weeks :/ My parents have said they're going to give me some money but it's not all going to be enough for the monthly bills I pay and anything else I buy. And I figure there's no point in starting a new job if I'll be leaving soon anyways. *sigh*

But anyways, I've been reading everyone's replies. None of them have gone unnoticed, I just don't want to flood this thread with quotes :laughing: So I just wanted to say thank you lovely people for your kind words, and for letting me know my feelings are justified. It really does make me feel better coming on here to so many messages of support. ♡

Comment

Working...
      X