X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundays are weird at Derpy Aquarium

Anyone else feel this way?

I swear, most of my SCs and weird-ass shit in general happens on Sunday. Like today;

Had my Head of Department call me in for only two hours, but he's an idiot, so that's to be expected. He even already had someone covering the shift!

-Had a coworker tell me there were not one, but two mice running around. So naturally, there was lots of screaming, and demands for refunds. I had a hunch though, and went ahead and asked; "How big were they?" Coworker held her hands about a foot apart... "Dear God, that's not a mouse, that's a rat!" Hunch was right on the money. Wonderful. And since one of the rats were caught before we even opened, it definitely did not come from a guest. Time to call pest control!

-As an aquarium, we host birthday parties. And make a shit-ton off of them. But we provide everything. Drinks, pizza, and a cookie cake! The best part? Any leftovers go to the employees! However today's issue was the cake. Supposedly, the cookie place across the hall makes them fresh. But guess what the party found when she checked on the cake? A group of ants chowing down on some "freshly made" cookie cake. Ewwww....

Thank God our Sunday hours are shorter...
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Stale cookie cake is totally unacceptable; I hope your manager has a word with the cookie place. And with the management for the rest of the complex as well; if there are rats and ants about, the whole building might want a visit from the exterminators.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Knowing management, they'll probably just write it off as a one time thing and not do anything. Turns out the rats were disease free and since the were well socialized, they were likely someone's pets. How they got in though is another matter.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
        Knowing management, they'll probably just write it off as a one time thing and not do anything. Turns out the rats were disease free and since the were well socialized, they were likely someone's pets. How they got in though is another matter.
        Is there a pet store nearby? Could be they escaped somehow.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Is there a pet store nearby? Could be they escaped somehow.
          Not that I know of. This is mostly a tourist town, so it's really just hotels and restaurants.

Also I learned from the party host that management kept the cookie cake near an open door for several hours, so of course there'd be ants. The cookie place we got them from turned out to be fine after an inspection.

So yeah, one time thing... Hopefully.

Comment

Working...
          X