This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugh stop asking about my knee

So I wear a knee brace at work, just a cheap piece of elastic fabric that does wonders. I fell a couple times on my knees and these stop them from getting sore. I'm still wearing shorts to work and customers keep asking me about it. It's none of their business, they don't know me I just want to sell them their printer and move on.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

That's so weird. I would never ask a total stranger about something that personal. People are so damn nosy.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I should jsut tell them I took an arrow.

Comment

Nah... tell you you angered a Mafia boss...
        No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

"Twisted it kicking the ass of the last custy that got personal instead of buying sumpin'. What can I get for you today?"

Comment

"My boss was mad at me for losing money because I bowed down to the customers and gave them what they want (free meals, free groceries, $1,000,000, etc.). Our policy states that if you don't screw with the customers, management will screw you."
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I hurt it again when I kneed the last person to ask me about it in the nuts.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

When I broke my toe in March, I went back to work a week later (thank goodness I was about to start vacation when I broke it, otherwise I would have been out of a week's work because I couldn't wear a shoe and thus couldn't work!). We have a problem with drivers crowding around the entrance to the mill and not moving when you ask them to, expecting you to be completely comfortable with squishing past them, which I am NOT. But now I NEEDED them to move, I needed the extra room so I didn't accidentally get my foot stepped on and so I can hold on to the railing for extra balance since I was still limping.

So naturally I had to explain that I needed them to move due to a broken toe, which was more or less invisible to them aside from the limp since I could wear a regular shoe by then. Inevitably they would ask "well how'd you manage to do THAT?" It made me so uncomfortable because it felt like such a personal question and I haven't yet managed the art of saying "none of your fucking business, now MOVE...please." My brain appears to be hard-wired for honesty at all costs, so I'd mumble something about tripping in the bathroom which brought leers and just made me even more embarrassed. I'd finally made up my mind to say "I broke it kicking the ass of the last creepy dude that asked me a personal question" but of course no one asked me about it again...

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                  I should jsut tell them I took an arrow.
                  Took what I was going to say.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                    Inevitably they would ask "well how'd you manage to do THAT?"
                    My reaction is to reply with an equally ridiculous question. Made better if you know the person who asked.

How'd you manage to get married?
                    How'd you manage to graduate high school?
                    How'd you manage to dress yourself today?
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

"Steel toe boots don't protect as well against tight-asses as you'd think."

"Twisted the knee trying to keep myself from kicking the last person that asked that."

My dad has used both of these in the past.
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        My reaction is to reply with an equally ridiculous question. Made better if you know the person who asked.

How'd you manage to get married?
                        How'd you manage to graduate high school?
                        How'd you manage to dress yourself today?
                        I've done something similar in the past when people commented on how much weight I lost I would respond with "yes my hair looks excellent thank you"

Comment

Working...
                        X