This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'improvement' making things worse

I think my company has changed the sale-tag formats. They used to be red (weeklies) and green (multi-week). I used that to organize how I put up tags: weeklies took priority, and then if I had any time (or sanity) left I would do what I could of the green ones.

Last week I discovered that both types are now the same yellow-on-red color scheme, and the date code that we're supposed to use is very light black type on a red section in 3-point font. I can't even read that...I'd need stronger glasses. Or help. I'm sticking with the regular dates, at least those are black on white (for now).

While I do like the new design, I know it's going to be a royal PITA especially if ASM has 'untrained' people pulling them during the day. Most of the front end people have been told to pull the red tags on Thursdays...well, now they're all red and I know from experience nobody looks at the dates.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

They keep changing our tags too. When I first started one week had a red border and the next had a blue so it was fairly easy to see what had to come down. Our monthly tags were completely different so again easy to pull down. Now all the tags are yellow with just minor differences. Monthly have a white stripe on the bottom and the weekly are either all yellow or have a black stripe on the bottom. To top it off all of our regular sign are printed on the same yellow tags. Makes for a fun time trying to pull the down.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Sounds like about all you can do (assuming they make the font readable) is to sort them by expiration date and put them up that way. Still a royal pain in the ass.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The font's readable at least. The GM manager guessed that maybe they didn't want customers to be able to read the date code and think it was some magic discount code...yes customers can't read it, but we can't either...

...aaand more fun. The green tags were back in this week's shipment, except...approximately 90% (based on the ones I actually wasted time matching up) are already on the shelf. Not only that, but we inexplicably had dated sale tags--gas points and other promos, so not as legible--from August mixed in. Someone done screwed up.

The last time this happened, I marked the duplicate green piles and left instructions for Pricing Guy to keep them--the thinking was that we could work through those piles as needed (if a tag needs to be replaced) and only really have the weekly tags as 'new' (assuming the store is able to request what gets shipped). That would simplify things for me as well as potentially save resources on the other end, so it went ignored
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-13-2014, 12:43 AM.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X