Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That word does not mean what you think it means...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the OP means /FSA/. I have an HSA at work and the amount rolls over each year, no problems. I originally had an FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and that does indeed completely go away at the end of the year.

Edit: What Bankworking says above. Didn't see their response when I wrote this one

Comment

Health care FSAs will allow you to roll over up to $500 of funds remaining at the end of the year - it's a recent change. Up until that change was announced, you had until March 15th of the following year to use those funds before you forfeit them to the IRS.

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
        I originally had an FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and that does indeed completely go away at the end of the year.
        Yeah, that's probably what it was. And I know they're not really a scam; it just seemed to have some characteristics of a scam. I'm glad they work for some folks, though.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          Yeah, that's probably what it was. And I know they're not really a scam; it just seemed to have some characteristics of a scam. I'm glad they work for some folks, though.
          I agree with you on FHAs. Way too annoying. Only useful if you know for a fact that you will use the money. So glad my company switched to the HSA, and since they contribute to it themselves, the high deductible on the insurance isn't scary.

Comment

Working...
          X