Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't work in retail, so my opportunities to ruin Christmas are rare. About the only way I can ruin Christmas is when one of my Fall capstone students fails the course and doesn't graduate.

But that's not a form of "ruining Christmas" I want to brag about And it's not really my fault anyway (not that that matters to customers or students).
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      I think from Arga's previous stories, they're not allowed to open the car at all, so yes, there have been some "scents" in some instances.

As for an animal, that'd probably be considered reasonable cause to break in
      We don't tow cars with animals in them, because it's a headache of extra yelling/screaming/lawsuit threats from the owners, and we are entitled to unlock the car (i.e. break in) for that, as long as we can justify it as a reasonable measure.

A pet in need of water/the bathroom, or just so stressed out by the situation that it's likely to reduce the upholstery to ribbons are all "justifiable" but we just don't want the headache, unless the property owner INSISTS after we've tried to talk them down, only THEN will we do it.

Or in the case of some of them, they're so tiny we didn't see em'
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I've never had anyone flat out say "You ruined Christmas!" People do use it as a magic word just the same as any other holiday or event. You know what I mean... "You're out of stock?! But it's for Christmas!" I really don't understand the thought process that goes behind those type of statements, assuming there are thoughts. Get it early.

I'm planning when I'm going to shop before Thanksgiving, so that I miss the rush, but also don't get anything too early. I have put it off in the past (read: forgot) and learned my lesson for sure.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
          I want to go for the hat trick:

You've ruined Christmas!

You've ruined Channukkah!
          and the extremely rare: You've ruined Kwanzaa!
          Yule.
          Winter Solstice/Midwinter.
          Saturnalia.

And one cannot forget: Hogswatch!

(Or for those of us on my half of the globe: Midsummer.)
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Customer delays

Since I have not worked for a while I have not ruined anyone's Christmas in years, but I find it weird to remember people bring in computers for repair in the week before Christmas then being upset because it could not be fixed in time for the kid's new game that was already under the Christmas tree.

Why weird? Well, time after time the parents would mention that the computer's drive had been acting up for months, but they never thought to bring it in until the latest new hot game of the year came out that fall and they just bought for their kids.

Why do they do that?

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Yule.
              Winter Solstice/Midwinter.
              Saturnalia.

And one cannot forget: Hogswatch!

(Or for those of us on my half of the globe: Midsummer.)
              And Festivus for the rest of us!

Comment

Seems like a version of the name game is developing here...

Let's ruin Christmas! Christmas...Shcmistmas... Bo-Bhistmas, Bananafanna NO-CHRISTMAS! Fee-Fi-Fo Fistmas... Ruined Christmas!

Let's ruin Easter! Easter..Schmesiter....

And so on.

Of course, if you're feeling sentimental, just lie back, close your eyes, and sing along....

I ruined Christmas, and what have I done? Another dream over, and a new one just begun....
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I really think that the guy pulled the 'ruined Christmas' thing in order to attempt to guilt me into reimbursing him funds he was not entitled to. Not gonna work - my heart is a hard lump of coal when it comes to this sort of stuff. It would be different if he was entitled to a reimbursement, of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X