Clear All

• Dice by Ringman

ringman20
    post Apr 1 2006, 02:54 PM
    Post #1

Counter Clerk

Group: Members
    Member No.: 12

Ok so it’s been about a month since taking on the night shift position at my store and it’s been really great, but the best moments are dealing with some of the customers that come in. So last night around 3 am I was relieving our night cashier so she could take a break, well I was doing my usual routine of stocking the shelves while keeping an eye on the register from down the aisle when I hear some one shout at the register “is any one here?” so I say loudly “be right with you” as it takes a moment to sit my stock down and walk over there.

So as I was approaching the register I am stopped buy a male customer that was looking for dice, so I tell him sorry but we don’t carry any dice. So he tells the woman he was with that we don’t have any. She was standing at the register (how she was still standing was beyond me as she was totally trashed she looked like she had just come from the bar) so she staggers up to me and asks me where the dice are, so I repeat what I told her man about not having them. So from that point on things just went down hill and even farther.

She tells me I “better not be lying to her as she works in another really small (store in our chain) and they carry them. So I said ok but as you would know different stores carry different general merchandise, (one store in the area could be selling a few unheard of computer games while another store of the same chain wouldn’t be selling that as it all is up to what kinds of useless junk management decides to order.)

So again she asks me where the aisle is that has the dice in it, (by now I’m getting a little irritated but didn’t show it), her man says “come on V they don’t have it lets go” she again is asking for dice and when I said no again she threatened to call our companies 800# on me, so with a straight face and as politely as I can I said “ok fine with me” she then gets pissed and wants a manager, so I send over our crew leader (he’s a union member that has management authority and keys to the store but he is only in charge of the night crew and doesn’t get a salary like most managers) so for the next 10 minutes he’s taking care of Dice Lady and I started thinking and knew who she was and what store she works at and her position there also as I have seen here there many times, heck she’s even rung me up at the register a few times when they were short on cashiers and she was ringing.

Well crew leader comes over to me on his way back and tells me the rest of the story. They couldn’t find any dice and the lady was still mad about us not having them, she asks the crew leader “how am I supposed to have sex without dice” I about hit the floor laughing when I heard that. His response was “That doesn’t really concern me any and have a nice night”, well she said “well I’m trying to but I need dice” so I tell CL about what store she works at and her position there, and he shakes his head and says doesn’t surprise me any. So the rest of the night the topic of conversation was dice and the many different uses for them when doing the dirty little deed.

Sorry for the length but just had to tell this one as it was too funny to pass up.
    Last edited by technical.angel; 09-13-2006, 07:17 PM. Reason: Fixing Raps' April Fools joke
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    (he’s a union member that has management authority and keys to the store but he is only in charge of the night crew and doesn’t get a salary like most guv'nors)
    Heh. Raps' April Fools prank lives on.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'm trying to fix it!!! but the site won't let me!!

Jenni
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
        Heh. Raps' April Fools prank lives on.
        This software only allows us to asterisk out words, not replace, so I'll have to think of something else for next time.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
        X