This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evannah View Post
    I'd like to hope that she has problems. I know how bad that sounds, but I'd rather someone be a raging hosebeast because she's having a REALLY bad day or has got some... issues. Because 9 times out of 10, it's not personal, she's not being a bully and she isn't talking down to you because she thinks you're beneath her. Also, they can get help. But if that's just her personality then there's a good chance that she DID do all that because she's a nasty bully and wanted to make you feel bad. And there isn't a cure for a vile personality, meaning that there are going to be plenty more innocent service workers feeling the brunt of her insults. UGH.
    While anyone can have a bad day, I'm inclined to think this is typical behavior for her since the sister was nice, but didn't reprove ERHB's bad behavior.

I was having a bad day once, and went off in a C store (not at anyone, but at a food ordering screen). Evil Empryss was with me, and immediately pointed out to me how I was behaving, that this was not like me, and I should calm down. I did; I was very embarrassed.

That ERHB didn't stop her behavior is telling.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Uh, actually, the Mythbusters debunked that one.
      Quoth thehuckster View Post
      Most of those warnings are, just like most other cellphone restrictions, to make sure the customer is aware of their surroundings and not be distracted.
      ^This. Also, if the customer drops their phone, there's a chance that when it hits the ground, it could strike off a spark. And since petrol vapour is heavier than air, that's the danger. Most laymen think that it's the actual liquid that's dangerous, and it's actually the vapour that is invisible that can cause explosions.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        And since petrol vapour is heavier than air, that's the danger. Most laymen think that it's the actual liquid that's dangerous, and it's actually the vapour that is invisible that can cause explosions.
        Interesting fact: a magnesium fire CAN'T be extinguished with water - the magnesium is a stronger reducing agent than the hydrogen in water, so it will continue to burn, "mugging" the hydrogen to take the oxygen away from it. In theory (assuming you can hit it fast enough, with a large enough volume of liquid so that there was no instant with vapour and air simultaneously in contact with the heat source) it would be possible to extinguish a magnesium fire with gasoline. For obvious reasons, don't try this at home.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

A little update of sorts on this. Turns out Eileen is our new cleaning boy, K's, aunt. I discussed the situation with him tonight. None of what I told him about her surprised him in the least. I guess that tells us what her normal disposition is: raging hosebeast.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My local petrol station will not turn the pump on if you are talking on the phone. They will tell you off over the loudspeakers. I guess that they would also shut your pump down if you started using the phone while pumping.

As for cigarettes and petrol, a local driver found out the combination is dangerous by setting himself on fire. He was stopped on the side of the road refilling his car from a jerry can and puffing on his cigarette. It was hot day, lots of vapor and he is hunched over holding the can. Vapor ignites and he is on fire. Luckily he got away with minor burns. He featured in a newspaper report with the line "I didn't know that you can set petrol alight."

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
              My local petrol station will not turn the pump on if you are talking on the phone. They will tell you off over the loudspeakers. I guess that they would also shut your pump down if you started using the phone while pumping.
              We do that. Cue SCs either giving us the stink eye from outside, gesturing for us to turn the pump back on (nope! Not til you get off your phone, biatch!) or coming inside to ask, "Whhhyyyy did you turn my pump off?!" Most of them also go, "There's no sign!" Um, there's a sign right in front of your stupid self where you were standing by your car, moron.

As for cigarettes and petrol, a local driver found out the combination is dangerous by setting himself on fire. He was stopped on the side of the road refilling his car from a jerry can and puffing on his cigarette. It was hot day, lots of vapor and he is hunched over holding the can. Vapor ignites and he is on fire. Luckily he got away with minor burns. He featured in a newspaper report with the line "I didn't know that you can set petrol alight."
              Natural selection in play, guys. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Luckily he got away with minor burns.
                Unlike the guy who kidnapped Larry Linville, and got away with Major Burns.

Note: he wasn't really kidnapped, just setting up a joke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Unlike the guy who kidnapped Larry Linville, and got away with Major Burns.

Note: he wasn't really kidnapped, just setting up a joke.
                  Did he have a pair of Hot Lips?
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    Uh, actually, the Mythbusters debunked that one.
                    the mythbusters also debunked the exploding soda cans in heat thing doesnt mean they where right. they A did not have movement and B did not have arizona level heat.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      the mythbusters also debunked the exploding soda cans in heat thing doesnt mean they where right. they A did not have movement and B did not have arizona level heat.
                      The only sodas I have seen explode were the ones that got too cold.

Ms. IA's desk at work was next to a window. She left a can of soda in the drawer closest to the window one winter weekend, When she came in Monday morning it had exploded from the cold, and made a mess in the drawer.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I had a can of coke explode in the back seat when I was driving. It had been there for a while, and was summer in NZ. Gave me an awful shock.
                        Had to clean up spray from all over the car, even had a spray pattern on the roof.

Comment

I had a few cans "redecorate" the inside of my truck when they froze.

Comment

Quoth Helix View Post
                            I had a can of coke explode in the back seat when I was driving. It had been there for a while, and was summer in NZ.
                            Left some 1.5L of coke in my car one summer. They exploded from the heat but the can of energy drink didn't.

Comment

Quoth Helix View Post
                              I had a can of coke explode in the back seat when I was driving. It had been there for a while, and was summer in NZ. Gave me an awful shock.
                              Had to clean up spray from all over the car, even had a spray pattern on the roof.
                              Quoth purple View Post
                              Left some 1.5L of coke in my car one summer. They exploded from the heat but the can of energy drink didn't.
                              Add me to the list: A few cans of Coca-Cola in the back of my old hatchback during a hot summer exploded. All over the back window, roof and seat.
                              I would guess the lower carbonation in energy drinks is what saves them from the same result?

Comment

Also on the list: Can in top of a fridge near the icebox area exploded a few years back on me too.
                                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                                X