Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing better than a domestic terrorist to make your day.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing better than a domestic terrorist to make your day.

Ok, I have time now to tell you what happened this week. This is one of those wtf stories. It's going to be a long one so bare with me. Will take a while to type.

Last week some guy shows up at the door of the hotel saying that he has had $72,000 worth of stuff stolen and the police have been no help. He says that he was sitting at a drive through and some person walked up to his car offering "services". He refused but the hooker opened the door on the other side of the car anyway, pushed him out and stole his vehicle and everything inside it. He says he talked to the police but the "corrupt son of a bitch police won't help because they don't care". Uhhh, if something that bad happened, they'd be all over it because he'd be considered a tourist and this city survives by its tourism. So I don't believe it for a second but whatever.

So he asks to use the phone so he can call for help. I agreed and he sat down and asked to pull up his google contact list to get the phone number. So I let him use the computer. And then he proceeded to use the phone for THREE HOURS calling alot of people trying to get them to help him. And every single one of them says no until the last guy who agrees to cover only four nights room and tax for him and nothing else. I send the guy a credit card authorization form and you'd think all is good right?

Oh, and two days after checking in, he come to the front desk asking to check out but he wants a refund in cash. Meaning, he'd be stealing the cash from his friend. We refused saying that it has to go back on the original card for accounting purposes. Not strictly true, but the contract is with the guy that gave us the card, not with this dick head.

The day after the guy checks in, he comes to the front desk with a story about how he had a hooker in his room last night, went to get a condom and she was gone when he came back, along with $100 from his wallet. wtf? But ok, not the first time I've heard that. He refuses to contact the police saying they won't help.

So then my night agent starts talking about how every time he walks by the front desk, he blows her kisses (she's kinda pretty and used to being hit on but....) then she says that he was walking by and says "take a look at my $400 belt buckle" and jiggles his crotch at her. Ok, so now it just reached creepy but she didn't want me to say anything to him.

He constantly wants to use the phone so we finally cut him off from phone calls saying local calls only. He says he wants to make a local call and when my agent asks him the number so she can dial it, he says he doesn't want to make a call.

He's been bragging to us for days about how rich he is and that he's got a class action lawsuit going against a bunch of people who are saying bad stuff about him while he constantly tells us how wonderful we are. Something about a $14 mil lawsuit and being rich and that he'd give us some of the money. *rolls eyes* Its taking everything I can to keep from telling him off.

I go to lunch on Friday and leave my husband watching the desk. This crazy man sees me leaving and suddenly walks into the restaurant where I'm sitting and yells "Hey 'Moirae". There are guests here to check in". I looked at him and said "My husband is watching the desk. I'm at lunch". He says "Oh" and leaves. wtf?

That afternoon he says "can I have someone stay in my room with me? It's just a girl friend of mine, not like the last time". Wtf? I tell him that it's up to him because his room rate covers two people.

He will NOT leave the fucking front desk alone. He sits up there for hours talking about himself. I finally get to the point where I'm ignoring him mostly just so he gets the idea to LEAVE US ALONE. It only works so so especially since he seems to have a mild obsession with that pretty desk clerk and won't leave her alone.

It's obvious he's a dirty rotten liar and I don't want him here anymore and I can't wait for him to leave although my husband says he hasn't strictly done anything really wrong yet other than be incredibly annoying.

So it reaches the fourth day and he's due to check out and nowhere to be seen. I wanted to have his shit removed from the room but my husband refused saying that it was too late in the day so we couldn't clean it to sell anyway. So it was left over night.

So this past Saturday, the guy shows up again and pays for the night before.
    My husband now asks him to leave as my agent has been reporting that she's seeing him on street corners begging for money.

You'd think it was over right? Nope, no such luck. He showed up at the front desk at around 9:30 pm that night trying to check back in. When he couldn't do that, he wanted to come in to use the phone. When my agent told him no, he wanted to come in to use the bathroom. Oh, and he's wasted drunk so he can barely stand up. My agent did not let him in.

He turned around and stumbled away.

You'd think THAT was the end, right? Nope.

So we thought it would be interesting to google the crazy man and came up with something very interesting. Recently New Orleans started posting all the arrest records online. So we found out that the reason why he didn't check out on Friday is because he was arrested for terrorism after threatening to bomb a downtown building. He was in prison and had to make bail.

So yeah, that's what happened this week.

holy ... .. just... I have no words. You, your husband, and the "pretty desk clerk" must have the patience of several saints put together. Wow. *offer platter of cookies*
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Hehe, oh I have more. I have to remember to post about the crazy woman that we are pretty convinced hired a bunch of boy toys to play with. Or the crazy pregnant lady who flipped out and we had to call the cops. But that's for another day.

Comment

Are you running a motel or an insane asylum? I think you need to check the sign out front.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
          Hehe, oh I have more. I have to remember to post about the crazy woman that we are pretty convinced hired a bunch of boy toys to play with. Or the crazy pregnant lady who flipped out and we had to call the cops. But that's for another day.
          Oooh sounds like good story fodder. *eagerly awaits*
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
            Are you running a motel or an insane asylum? I think you need to check the sign out front.
            It's New Orleans. If you've been there, you understand.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'd say you got a bonnafide crazy man there, not ha ha crazy, actual really for-real crazy.

And, he's the worst kind of crazy, too nutty to ignore, but also too sane to straigtjacket on sight.

I just had one of those this week too, the kind who latches on to you and won't let you go, doesn't do anything WRONG per se, but won't get the hint that he isn't wanted around...... as soon as I finish transcribing that adventure, we can commiserate our mutual frustration.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ok, I will pay you if you let me come work for you on nights!

Nothing this exciting every happens to me.

Comment

Oh, Dakhur. "May you live in interesting times" is a curse for a good reason...
                  Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                  It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth dakhur View Post
                    Ok, I will pay you if you let me come work for you on nights!

Nothing this exciting every happens to me.
                    Well you ARE in the least interesting state *runs like hell*
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

So where are the crazy places where you find 'interesting' people?

Key West
                      New Orleans

Where else would you suggest?

Comment

This guy makes Norman Bates look normal!

Any chance you can get rid of him?

Comment

I think he's gone. Think being the operative word. At least, we haven't seen him in the hotel or in our courtyard. Though one of my agents saw him panhandling near an underpass night before last.

I don't know what it is but hotels seem to be a magnet of misbehavior by people. Two weeks ago, we even had some woman trying to run a prostitution ring from one of the bedrooms. One of my agents googled her and came across her ad complete with her picture and the words "I'm staying at a New Orleans hotel". We went "Oh hell no" and booted the bitch out. See, the big box hotels (like the Marriott) have certain things they can and can't do by the rules of the franchise. We, on the other hand, are an independent. That means we can do whatever we like so long as its within the law. And NO ONE, I do mean NO ONE is going to be running a prostitution ring from one of our hotel rooms. Could be Bill Gates and we would still boot him out for acting like that.
                          Last edited by Moirae; 07-15-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            It's New Orleans. If you've been there, you understand.
                            I van vouch for that. I grew up there ^_^ In both good ways and bad, what others consider to be weird, we think is par for the course.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                              I think he's gone. Think being the operative word. At least, we haven't seen him in the hotel or in our courtyard. Though one of my agents saw him panhandling near an underpass night before last.
                              It may be a while, but I have a sense that he'll be back. Now how about the other tales?
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X