This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our pos POS

We use a retail POS that runs on our wonderful, lovely, delicious, Intel iMac. The POS, is, frankly, a POS. It's the last OS-specific version (the following is a Java version, no we haven't updated, yes our company is cheap). We really need a different POS.

Really.

OMG. Buggy POS. Crashes every couple of days, for different reasons.

Well, it *used* to be for different reasons.

Today...

Today it decided to start crashing every time we tried to post a sale. Every. Single. Time.

I get to go in a couple hours early tomorrow to try and work out what happened, and then go back through our recorded (on a piece of paper) sales and make sure that our closing numbers are correct.

There's a lot more to it, but...ugh. I'm done. My brain is done. I spent three hours tonight trying to research errors and figure out what the problem was. 40 minutes of that was spent on the phone with Apple, making sure my HDD wasn't about to fail. Another 15 was spent informing the Boss of what happened and what I planned to do, in order to fix it.

Going to bed so I can get up tomorrow and dive back in. Anyone want to be my backup and slip a pillow between my head and the desk so I don't give myself a concussion from *headdesking* repeatedly?

Appears as though the problem is related to disk permissions.

Error returned on crash is EXC_BAD_ACCESS/KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE.

Oh god kill me now. This is going to take all day.

Comment

And I just did our closing numbers from last night, based off the notes I had.

I'm coming up $30 short.

I really hope it's because something was written twice.

Comment

I give up.

Seriously.

The tech remoted into the system, figured out that it WAS the printer causing the problem, reloaded the drivers, and fucked my permissions.

I reset the permissions.

Now, instead of bypassing the print dialogue, it automatically pops up, and I can't figure out how to get it to go away!

Comment

Working...
        X