This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total state of shock!

You will not believe what my sister and I just saw. So there we are standing in Super Wal-Mart's customer service line waiting to get a refund because the cashier accidentally scanned more then what we had. Not a big deal. We had time.

So there is this man in front of another lady and her son. He has a shoe box in his hand. He places the box on the floor, takes off his old shoes, puts them in the box, and puts on the new ones! I kid you not. In front of everyone. The rest of us are all laughing and saying, "I don't think he's doing what we think he's doing." Sure enough when he's called next, he tries to return the shoes. We call over a manager and tell her what happened. By this time the cashier is going super fast and has already done the return. So the man is heading off.

You should have seen our faces. They read, "WTF just happened here?" We thought he got away with it until I got out into the parking lot and who do I see sitting in a police car? Yep you guessed it.

Honestly, I think the cashier should be fired. I mean why in the world would you return used and nasty old sneakers? Also, the shoes didn't even look alike! How hard is it to check the picture on the box and compare it to what's inside the box?

I know that as a retail worker I have sympathy for other retail workers, especially those who work for shit companies like Wal-Mart but that is unacceptable.

I'm just in shock that he had the audacity to do that in front of everyone. At least go to the bathroom.

They probably just thought the sneakers were dilapidated and they were probably told to accept all the returns regardless of merit.

Comment

Honestly, I think the cashier should be fired. I mean why in the world would you return used and nasty old sneakers? Also, the shoes didn't even look alike! How hard is it to check the picture on the box and compare it to what's inside the box?
      1. Because you're trying to put one over on the cashier and get new shoes for free. Sheesh, why not just put on the new shoes in the shoe department, leave the old ones in the box and make a run for it? Happens all the time at my store, often with great success.

2. Not hard, but then again Wally World seems to have a more liberal return policy than a lot of other places (at least what I've heard anecdotally). Other places like Target and my store will want to see a receipt before doing a return, but at Wally World that isn't always the case.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
        they were probably told to accept all the returns regardless of merit.
        More than likely.

But for the customer/scammer to do that in front of others like that? That's extreme testicular fortitude right there.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Holy wow.

Hey, instead of having a garage sale I think I'll just bag up all my old clothes and take 'em in to Wal-Mart for refunds. Cha-Ching!!
          "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well at least Wal-Mart does press charges, and he just doubled the charge. There's the straightup shoplifting for taking the shoes, then they can add theft by deception for the cash refund!

Banrion - Always looking on the bright side
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

1. Because you're trying to put one over on the cashier and get new shoes for free. Sheesh, why not just put on the new shoes in the shoe department, leave the old ones in the box and make a run for it? Happens all the time at my store, often with great success.
              because his way, he gets new shoes AND spending money
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
                ...I mean why in the world would you return used and nasty old sneakers?
                This happens on a regular basis at my store. The clerks at the service desk fail to open the boxes to see what's inside and some idiot makes off with the cash. Our store policy also states that clothing that has been worn/washed cannot be returned for a refund, yet we get them nearly everyday in returns.
                Retail Haiku:
                Depression sets in.
                The hellhole is calling me ~
                I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
                X