Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my grandmother's town, the local Pizza Hut no longer sells small pizzas. Nobody ordered them, so why stock them? The only "small" size they have, are the kiddie-sized Pans. With that said, I usually get a large, stuffed-crust chicken supreme, minus the mushrooms. Half goes into my stomach, and the rest goes into the fridge for another day

Funny pizza story--some years ago, when I was camping out with the World Youth Day folks one summer, I found a new way to reheat pizza. (My church group was also hosting other local groups--we all got together at a campground just to hang out and get to know each other that year.) Rather than eat it cold, I poked a hole in it with a stick, and cooked it over the campfire. Got plenty of laughs from the girls, and the pizza wasn't bad either
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I love Papa's Thin Crust. It's just me. And I still order the large to get the thin crust, so that guy should have shut his (pizza) pie hole about it. Heck, I even ordered TWO large thin crusts one night (the 2nd was only $5 or something like that). I had breakfast and dinner for several days on that order!

Here's a tip for *amazing* regular or deep-dish pizza. Heat up a skillet w/a thin coating of olive oil on low. Place pizza on top, cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on taste). The bottom of the crust gets all crispy, you have the soft chewy goodness above it and then all of the toppings. YUM!

Comment

I <3 Papa Johns. They are two blocks away, and they let me order online. This means I can pick out exactly what I want, request light sauce, and get it all in under an hour, from a polite delivery guy who I always tip well.

And duh. You always order extra pizza so there are leftovers. The only time I get a small is if I order cheesy bread too, and it's just for me.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Thanks to this thread, I think I'll have some pizza tomorrow on my lunch break. ^_^ Got me in the mood.

Comment

I had Papa John's for my Wedding Reception Pizza Party Extravaganza last weekend. Good stuff, but I won't be able to look at a pizza for weeks now..........oof..........overstuffing..........

Personally, I can't stand Pizza Hut, every time I order from there the pizza has a thick layer of grease I have to use several napkins and a drop cloth to remove.
            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Am I the only one that thought of cutting the edges off of the premade crusts to size it down, just to please the customer?
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                you mean there's actually a pizza under the pounds and pounds of sauce they use?
                That's not to-spec, and they shouldn't be saucing as heavily as you're implying, unless you're exaggerating even more than I'm guessing you are.

There's a standard menu option for "Light Sauce" in the computers if you're the kind that likes JUST enough sauce to get the tomato flavor but not make things gooey.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                And I've never had good Papa John's pizza.

Odd.
                Quoth Jester View Post
                This might be a regional/area thing. I know that the Papa John's down here absolutely rocks.
                It's likely that the store where Becky lives being owned by a slack-ass idiot. All Papa Johns' are franchises, so the ones in different areas will have different levels of quality control even though they're all supposed to use the same standard.

Report their ass to corporate, as a favor to me.

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                Am I the only one that thought of cutting the edges off of the premade crusts to size it down, just to please the customer?
                You know, for that guy, I wouldn't have done it even if he'd agreed to pay the full price of a large. He was a complete and total ass, and actually put forth enough effort to make me STOP wanting to help him. Guys like that, rare as they are, get nothing from me that I'm not strictly required to give them.

I won't lie, but a that point if there's a better option and they don't ask, I don't tell them, and I won't bend the rules for them even an inch, even if we do it all the time for other customers.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                  you mean there's actually a pizza under the pounds and pounds of sauce they use?
                  That's what they want people to think...

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Not that there aren't entire chains that suck. Domino's comes to mind.
                  Says you, sir.

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  It's likely that the store where Becky lives being owned by a slack-ass idiot. All Papa Johns' are franchises, so the ones in different areas will have different levels of quality control even though they're all supposed to use the same standard.

Report their ass to corporate, as a favor to me.
                  I would've thought that, Dude, except...it's every Papa John's I've gone to. The one reasonably near the apartment back home. The one I've gone to in the Green Bay area. The ones here in NJ.

Yep. Staying faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away now. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaar away.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                    Wise man say, "Leftover pizza today good breakfast tomorrow." Nothing better than cold pizza for breakfast.
                    No no no. "Wise man say 'Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'"

And I agree with the Dominos subpar comment. I had a fistful of coupons for there, and only ordered exactly what the coupons were for, 'cause the breadsticks were good. Once the coupons ran out, I ran away.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      And I agree with the Dominos subpar comment.
                      My friend Frank and I have twisted their slogan around to reflect our opinion of their product: "Lock the door! It's Domino's."

On a Papa John's/pizza customer note, got me some Papa John's last night. And....for a Wednesday night in August, it sure did take a long time. (One hour). But that was fine. And the pizza was good. But.....they gave me the wrong toppings. I ordered pineapple, bacon, onions, green peppers, and tomatoes. The tag on the box said those exact toppings. But on the pizza? Pineapple, ham, onions, and mushrooms. Luckily I like all those things, but I was still a bit put off. Gave them a call, and was very nice, told them I liked the pizza, but it was just a bit, well, wrong. Wasn't complaining, yelling or bitching, just letting them know. And they very nicely told me I would get half off on my next one.

Keep in mind, this is the first time in years of ordering from them that I can remember them screwing up an order so badly. Or at all. But all's well that ends well....enjoying cold (mismade) pizza as I type this.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        I would've thought that, Dude, except...it's every Papa John's I've gone to. The one reasonably near the apartment back home. The one I've gone to in the Green Bay area. The ones here in NJ.
                        Huh... Guess we finally found an area we don't agree on. PJs DOES use a very distinctive sauce, which I'm guessing what you don't like. It really is a love it or hate it kinda thing.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Wow. A difference of opinion, after HOW long?

It just might be the sauce.

Not that I'm gonna hit a PJ to get a pizza to analyze it. Unless someone else pays for it.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X