X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate spy

Now what the hell was that?

I had a customer today - a good looking lady in her mid-30s, with a daughter.
    She ordered a Happy Meal, and all was good.
    We chatted as I was putting the order together and everything.
    After she paid, she lowered her voice and asked me to be frank, and tell her is there much complaining about the boss around here.
    The look on my face must've clearly said "WTF?" at that point.
    I just said "no" (none of her damn business, wouldn't tell her even if we hated him).
    I notified the shift manager and the boss himself, and we all looked out for her till she left.

I'm almost positive that I had seen her around here before.
    I'm wondering whether she was some kind of a spy from the main office or something.
    Guess someone here in fact doesn't like our boss, who seems like a very cool person to me and has been nice and supportive all the time I worked here.
    Music: Last.fm
    Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

I hate to say this, but if you accurately typed what she said, I would lean more toward believing she might be prejudiced in some way. Is your manager of a different race than this customer or might he/she have some outside sign of being a different religion or may be younger than one would expect a manager to be? If not, your customer may have been a secret shopper or may indeed be someone from corporate. Or they could have just been an asshat.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Aquaintance that used to manage one of the restaurants here in town had something similar happen to one of his employees....turned out later it was his psycho ex looking for info she could blackmail him with.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

In My experience, a corporate "spy" would NEVER be so bold as to directly ask an employee something like that. NEVER.

It was just a standard, random nutjob.

Joe

Comment

No prejudice here, Poland has a mostly caucasian and quite tolerant society.
          And the boss didn't recognize her at all.
          Which rules out the second option.

We're totally clueless about this one.

Comment

Maybe someone who was thinking about applying there or recommending it to someone else?
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Purple Monkey Dishwasher View Post
              In My experience, a corporate "spy" would NEVER be so bold as to directly ask an employee something like that. NEVER.
              Apparently, when my friend was working at Tesco her coworkers had a few such encounters. All later proved to be people from corporate.

Comment

Maybe she was trying to point you to our 'Morons in Management' section?

Rapscallion

Comment

Ooooooooo! Now I'm so curious!

Next time she asks, say, "No, why?"
                  Check out my cosplay social group!
                  http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                  X