This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
    Obviously, he doesn't know the cardinal rule about not f**king with the people who are going to make your food.
    Actually, on this board, and for all legal purposes, that shouldn't matter.

Tampering with a person's food is not allowed, no matter how they piss you off.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      Red flag! Red flag!

As soon as he says that right off the top of the call, you KNOW its going to end badly.
      Eh, I was being charitable since, until then, the night had been pretty good. I figured he was just pissed because he'd been getting dicked around, and he'd settle down once I started providing my usual, magically wonderful service.

I say magically wonderful because, really, I have no CLUE why people think I'm so great. I just act polite and run with a hot-swappable set of mini-scripts I keep filed away upstairs.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        Wait, pizza comes with hookers? The delivery guys have been ripping me off!
        you have to know the special code and be open for ...um... possible 'surprises'

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          I say magically wonderful because, really, I have no CLUE why people think I'm so great. I just act polite and run with a hot-swappable set of mini-scripts I keep filed away upstairs.
          Perhaps people aren't used to getting a polite and articulate person on the phone when they order pizza. I'm sure not. You must pleasantly surprise people.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            Perhaps people aren't used to getting a polite and articulate person on the phone when they order pizza. I'm sure not. You must pleasantly surprise people.
            Quite. Getting food from my favorite pizza places is often a trial, depending on who I get on the phone and how much English they speak.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              ...maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't think it's possible to have bad pizza.
              You've been lucky. It not only is possible, I had it happen to me. Not just bad pizza, but horrendously awful pizza. Specifically, back when I lived in the college dorms, myself and the Six Million Dollar Architecture Student (his name was Steve Austin!) ordered pizza from an at the time new pizza place. When it got to us, it was.....nasty. And I have had some subpar pizza in my time, and not minded, but this was......ugh. Bad. So we called them up to voice our dissatisfaction. I am conjecturing what the guy at the pizza place said, as I only heard the the SMDAS's side.....

SMDAS: "Yeah, you guys just sent us a pizza, and it is horrible and nasty. There is actually grease congealed on the top of it!"
              PIZZA PLACE: "We're sorry about that. If you'd like, we can send you another pizza."
              SMDAS: "What, are you trying to kill us?"

I about bust a gut at that point. And I agreed. No place that put out THAT pizza should be making pizzas for anybody. Not surprisingly, said pizza place did not last very long in said college town.

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              Wait, pizza comes with hookers? The delivery guys have been ripping me off!
              Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              you have to know the special code and be open for ...um... possible 'surprises'
              For the not very squeamish or prudish, you might be amused by this. There is an, *ahem*, adult site that features women ordering pizza and the delivery guys showing up with said pizza having an interesting "bonus". I won't get into specifics, and have been advised that I can't post the link, but anyone seriously interested in this shouldn't have trouble finding it.

If you do go looking, just remember that I DID say this is an ADULT site. You've been warned.

Quoth Ree View Post
              Actually, on this board, and for all legal purposes, that shouldn't matter.

Tampering with a person's food is not allowed, no matter how they piss you off.
              No, it isn't. But we can WISH for OTHERS to mess with an SC's food!
              Last edited by Jester; 08-20-2007, 06:18 PM. Reason: Play fair, will you?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

as for the good times with Pizza . . .
                First their was a movie in the 80's when you ordered a specificly topped Pizza well the delivery "kid" made the women customer smile . . . I don't remember the name of the movie . . .

Secondly, when I went away from Freshman year at Univ. I was told of one Pizza Place not to order anchovies from. Apparently off and on for the last two years they would get shut down by the Health Dept and the Police because you got a baggie full of herbal goodness with your order.

Personally I like a nice polite person on the phone . . .I do understand high volume call time . . .especially during football season. . . so I try not to call during those times, they have enough business as it is.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                  as for the good times with Pizza . . .
                  First their was a movie in the 80's when you ordered a specificly topped Pizza well the delivery "kid" made the women customer smile . . . I don't remember the name of the movie . . .

Secondly, when I went away from Freshman year at Univ. I was told of one Pizza Place not to order anchovies from. Apparently off and on for the last two years they would get shut down by the Health Dept and the Police because you got a baggie full of herbal goodness with your order.
                  The 80's comedy in question was "Loverboy" starring Patrick Dempsey. Amusingly, the code phrase for older women ordering his "services" was "extra anchovies," similar to your local establishment's code for hippy lettuce.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                    Hmmm.....he wants a thin-crust pizza, and if you don't give it to him, he's going to go to Pizza Hut, which is known for deep dish? Follow the logic on that one .......

(Yes, I know they also have thin pizzas, but if memory serves, their "thins" are about the same as most other places "regular" pizzas, which this guy didn't want)
                    Pizza Hut's thin and crispy pizzas are really thin and really crispy. Their original hand tossed pizzas are like most other places 'regular' pizzas, at least in this area.

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                    I didn't even know places still offered small pizza. None of my places, not just the chains like Pizza Hut and Domino's but the mom&pop places too, offer anything but medium or large. Some have extra large.
                    Papa Johns, Emilio's, and one or two other pizza joints sell small, med, large, x-large pizzas.

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pizza! Seriously, and maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't think it's possible to have bad pizza.
                    It is possible :P I had some bad pizza from Domino s the other day. Ugh.

Comment

If you wanna talk about bad pizza, let me tell you about the nastiest pizza I have ever encountered. Admittedly, this was not from a pizza place of any sort, it was from a Girl Guide hostel in London. This pizza had raw dough for crust, 3 gallons of the most bland sauce I have ever encountered, 3 shreds of cheese across all 4 ft of the pizza, and to top it all off, canned tuna!! The pizza wasn't even hot, lukewarm at best from the steam table they had it on.

That was the ONLY time we attempted to take the hostel up on dinner. We actually ended up going out that night anyway because no one could stomach it.
                      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        I don't think it's possible to have bad pizza.
                        Two words-- Papa John's.

One smiley--
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Two words-- Papa John's.

One smiley--
                          I have never had bad Papa Johns pizza.

Comment

And I've never had good Papa John's pizza.

Odd.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And I've never had good Papa John's pizza.

Odd.
                              you mean there's actually a pizza under the pounds and pounds of sauce they use?
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Two words-- Papa John's.

One smiley--
                                This might be a regional/area thing. I know that the Papa John's down here absolutely rocks.

That being said, any chain has its good locations and its bad locations. Having worked for T.G.I. Friday's and traveled the country working for many of their locations, I can speak from firsthand experience. There are Friday's that kick ass. And there are Friday's that totally blow. Just like any other chain. Like, say, Papa John's.

Not that there aren't entire chains that suck. Domino's comes to mind.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X