This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Shouldn't that be, "This is why I hate ringing out tools"?
    Sadly, a lot of folks buying tools are themselves tools!
    Quoth Bright_Star View Post
    That last one was a classic case of a guy who's on the verge of extinction-a sexist pig.
    Verge of extinction? I wish! Somehow these creeps always manage to find a gullible woman to mate with and pass their sexist creep genes along to their sons.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can sympathize with you about the last guy. I'm a girl, and ever since leaving college I've been working in "men's" fields. Sales associate at RadioShack, and now I'm a truck driver. At RS I had all kinds of sexists. The worst were actually the little old ladies...they thought that because they didn't know about electronics, that NO GIRL could. I loved to show them up.

As a female truck driver (and very girly, for that matter) I get double takes and comments and all sorts of stuff from the guys at the truck stops. Most of them assume that a girl walking alone at a truck stop is automatically a hooker...

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
        No, sorry. I meant it more as..."I hate ringing in the tools department." But I just say "tools" even though I should type it out. Sorry!
        Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Sometimes they are even buying screwdrivers and wrenches and such.
        Thus, my original comment. I was calling your customer a tool.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
          I hope that the male customer realized that girls sometimes know about tools and whatnot. It wouldn't have hurt him to at least ask me to see if I knew anything. Sigh.
          Nope. People like that won't learn. He'll probabaly thinking you told the newbie to ask you for help, then had the newbie tell you where what he needed was. Some people refuse to get into the 20th century, let alone evolve into the 21st century.
          Last edited by draggar; 08-23-2007, 11:59 PM.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            Thus, my original comment. I was calling your customer a tool.
            LoL. It totally flew over my head. I'm not use to that sort of slang--people being tools and such. Sorry about that.

Comment

Being a guy who works in a c-store, I get a lot of people asking me for advice about how to fix their automotive troubles. My dad was a mechanic and he made me learn as much as he could teach me, but I was a stubborn child who took no interest in working on cars. I still learned the basics of auto maintenance as that was Dad's prerequisite for allowing me to take driver's ed, but I leave the rest to the pros. What's funny is that so many people seem surprised when I tell them that I have no idea what's wrong with their vehicle or how to fix it. In some cases, I'm too busy doing my job to bother with anything else. In other cases, I really don't want to tell someone my best guess only to be proven wrong and have them come back blaming me for giving bad advice. It's funny, people really seem to assume that I must know how to diagnose and fix their auto problems because I'm male and I work in a convenience store.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
              X