This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    That being said, it is still cheaper and far more effective to eat healthily and sensibly and get some exercise then to continue eating the same crap and buying some bs magic diet pill.

Is produce cheap? No. Do you have to eat ONLY produce to lose weight? Also, no. Eating sensibly does not mean going completely veggie.
    It would be nice if more people understood that. However, I wasn't referencing people who take diet pills, I don't think - my fault for going off topic. Because if you're really poor, just feeding yourself and your family is the consideration, then pressing medical concerns, then your cell phone and house, then visible displays of any extra wealth. I could be wrong, but I don't think that diet pills go to that demographic. And when you remove the diet pill factor, eating unhealthily does seem to be cheaper and easier.

Comment

That is one thing that I do not miss about America......that people think you are fat if you weigh over 115.

I am 9 stone, and I am always self conscious about it, but UK people always tell me that I am thin or that I "have nothing to" me. It makes me feel so great, as when I was in America and smaller than I am now (in HS) I was called fat all the time.

It is so hard to get over the feeling that I am huge cause I am not a size 2, but I guess I am not.

And, I am NOT saying that people who are 9 stone+ are fat, just that coming from America I feel that way about myself sometimes....you know, it gets imbedded in your head over there that you MUST be a skeleton.

Anyway, yes, you should take it as a compliment!
      "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

If she comes back, you can share with her my "Wonder diet to stay fit and trim":
        I eat whatever I want, BUT ...
        I lost my driver's license. I live 7 miles from where I work. I work hours when no bus runs. I bought a bicycle.

I ride 14 miles a day, 5+ days a week. Before I rode, my waist was rapidly approaching 34 inches, now I wear 32s with a belt. I haven't been this fit since high school (rode my bike a lot then, too).
        Get plenty of exercise. Nothing else works.

Comment

Working...
        X