This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be right with you...

I had a customer who paid a marker. A marker is basically a loan we give people to play on and they sign a piece of paper and can pay us back the same day or in thirty days. Anyway, this woman paid off her fifteen hundred dollar marker and after she left I was finishing up the paperwork (I had to sign a few papers and clip the money to the signed papers and put it in our main bank's window) and it does take a few mins.

Anyway, as I am writing on the papers a woman comes to my window.

Me: It'll just be one moment.

I think I had every right. The lady didn't wait to be called and I had 1500 in my posession and I wanted to finish it before I helped her.

SC: Can I get change here?

Me: Yes... In a minute when I'm done.

SC: Like, TODAY?

Me: As soon as I finish this.

SC: Can you do these too? (points to her ticket)

Me: Yes, ma'am as soon as I finish this.

By that point I had slowed down. I would've rushed but I was getting deeply annoyed.

Why are people incapable of waiting in line until they are called??? You wouldn't just walk up to someone in a bank! I gave her crappy money. Usually I'll search for the good stuff but she made me mad.

Cell phone prick

Me: Can I help you here?

The SC was just sitting there on the freaking phone when I am trying to count her chips. I really hate it. I think its rude and I won't wait to get their attention.

Me: How would you like it?

SC: Twenties. (to the cell phone) Oh, I was talking to the cashier.

I just counted out her money regardless if she was watching me or not.

The lady from earlier came back to my window-- lovely.

She had eighty dollars in chips. I was gathering the money.

SC: Its eighty dollars.

Me: Yeah...

SC: Twenties! I want twenties!

Noo... I was going to give you pennies but if you'd wait one freaking second I could get the money out of my drawer... Rude lady. I was hoping she'd loose all her money.

I had more annoying people but the first one just really got me. She wasn't as bad as I usually get but she was quite annoying.

Argh! I hate people who barge up to the cashier right after they finish with one customer, no matter what the setting. HELLOOOO!!!! Sometimes, there's a wee bit of work to be done to finish up the transaction on the business's end! And they let the other customer go before they finish because they don't need to be there, but they aren't ready for you yet. It's simple. The customer would still be waiting the same amount of time (or less, no interruptions!) if the other customer had to stay, but that wastes that person's time.

*Offers Anakah a cookie for putting up with impatient wench*
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      SC: Its eighty dollars.

Me: Yeah...

SC: Twenties! I want twenties!
      Really, Aww, I was gonna pay you in HUNDREDS! But now, you get 1600 nickels. Enjoy!

Joe

Comment

See it is the phone thing that gets to me.
        I try my hardest not to answer the phone if an employee of a business is helping me. My sister has 3 small children and sometimes needs a hand . . .so if I see it is her or my parents on the caller ID I say to the employee" Excuse me I need to make sure this isn't urgent" then I answer the call telling them I am at the cash registar, asking questions of employee at _____ store may I call them when done. Anyone else I send the call to voice mail.
        You would be supprised how many clerks are shocked that I actually make it that quick. - as in say what I have to then be told ok, then hang up. Only one time was it actually urgent and when they heard me say "which hospital" the clerk was handing me a pen and a blank paper to write on. (that is customer service)

Comment

Emrld, I know what you mean. I hate answering my phone in public. If I'm going to a fast food joint and I'm talking to the wife or someone on the cell, I will wait in the car until I can get them off the phone. Even my wife who has the damn phone glued to her ear most of the time will not go thru a line or deal with a clerk with a phone stapled to her ear.

And for you Anakah, you must have a hell of a job. Where else can you silently wish for all your asshat customers to lose their money before they walk out the door. Even if they are douchebags you know that there is a better then naught chance that those nice crisp 20's will end up back in the cage later on in the day/night.
          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
            Emrld, I know what you mean. I hate answering my phone in public.

I hate that also. I also hated it when it, was one of my old friends. He would not shut up for anything.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
            X