This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get a new computer, right?

I had this weird woman come into the Depot today. She lugged her Optiplex desktop in, and said the hard drive died on it. I was about to do the work order when she then ejaculated: "I get a new computer, right?" Dumbfounded, I asked her who told her that.

In her reply, she thrust her finger against the counter, saying "Someone here told me. I brought it in before, and the second time the guy said that they'd replace the machine for free."

I was dumbfounded, and puzzled. I looked at her previous work orders, and she had the fan/heatsink replaced, and then later on, the systemboard. They events were separated by many months. In all, three repairs in two years. I mentioned to her that if she wanted the machine replaced, she had to talk to Dell directly, we have nothing to do with it. I looked at the tech who worked on it and went to see if I could ask him about it. Luckily, he was still at lunch, but the lady followed me to the backroom with this weird tight-lipped smile on her face.

She got her laptop back from the software techs, and I go back to my desk. I tell her again that if she wants it replaced, to talk to Dell. She looks offended and says, "Well, I'm not the kind of woman who makes this stuff up!" She watches my boss walk in through the door and into his office, and asks me, "Is that [tech]?" "Nope, that's not him." She gets her stuff, and takes off.

Later on, tech gets back, and I ask him about it. He didn't know what she was blabbering on about. Another tech said this lady is very prone to making mountains out of molehills, and is generally a PITA to deal with. -_-

Joy.
    Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
    "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
    "The queue is..."

Oy, sounds like a handful. At least she left & didn't continue to insist that someone told her that b.s. BTW, I'll take my free, new computer now. You're so great.
    Last edited by Phone Jockey; 11-23-2006, 10:44 PM. Reason: adding sarcasm
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Depot Denizen View Post
      I had this weird woman come into the Depot today. She lugged her Optiplex desktop in, and said the hard drive died on it. I was about to do the work order when she then ejaculated: "I get a new computer, right?" Dumbfounded, I asked her who told her that.
      This might be off-topic, but your use of 'ejaculated' is kind of... yeah. Makes me uncomfortable. Maybe a different verb?

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
        This might be off-topic, but your use of 'ejaculated' is kind of... yeah. Makes me uncomfortable. Maybe a different verb?
        Hey, CanadaGirl....here's a ladder, step up out of the gutter and join us.
        ejaculate
        Pronunciation: i-'ja-ky&-"lAt
        Function: verb

to utter suddenly and vehemently
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lookup
          The (!) Report button is there and functional.
          It's available on Every. Single. Post.

Use it.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

I didn't mean to offend anyone, CanadaGirl. I used it as Ree defined it, as it seemed to be the most appropriate description of her actions. The client had no tact whatsoever.

She did come back a few days later to pick up her hard drive for the time being. She called up roughly (by my clock) five minutes before we closed, asking if she could pick up the part. I said "You've got five minutes." She responded, "But it's only 4:22!" I grinned, and said, "You'd better hurry then." Turns out she took about ten minutes to get there, as I was heading out the door. My boss was still there, and I really didn't feel like dealing with her. The client is a lady who really loooves to nitpick and call you on *every* single thing.
            Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
            "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
            "The queue is..."

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
              Never read any old hardy boys books, the writer loved that word.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I luuurve using the word "ejaculate" in contexts where it's entirely appropriate and utterly unexpected.

way to go!!!

Comment

I was about to do the work order when she then ejaculated: ".
                  Um, please tell me you meant "interjected". Not offended, just glad iI didn't have anything in my mouth at the time....
                  Last edited by Tria; 11-29-2006, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                    Um, please tell me you meant "interjected". Not offended, just glad iI didn't have anything in my mouth at the time....
                    *slowly slipping into the gutter*
                    At least Adam and Steve don't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                      Let's watch our behavior . . . I've got a cat sharing my lap w/the computer who's watching the screen. She needs no bad influences.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ahh the infamous "someone" strikes again!
                        If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                        www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

In her reply, she thrust her finger against the counter, saying "Someone here told me. I brought it in before, and the second time the guy said that they'd replace the machine for free."
                          Ahhhh, it's that mysterious "someone". He also roams in my house sometimes.
                          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

The correct answer should of been 'Yes maam, you get a free computer'. Then proceed to the toy aisle and pull an etch-a-sketch out, if it works for the PHB, it'll work for her

Comment

Working...
                            X