This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Suck

Last week, a customer called us to tell us she needed her trailer. That was fine. What was not fine was calling us after hours, on a Sunday, on our HOME PHONE.

The customer was lucky my sister answered... as any other family member would have given her a talking to.

In related news, I'd been meaning to ask my mother if a half-remembered conversation around 6AM with someone on the phone about how 'it's not their fault it's been raining the past several days, they'll get to your boat eventually' was a dream or not.

I've decided to declare it a dream, because the idea of someone calling us at home at 6AM to complain we aren't going fast enough during the busiest month of the year is the kind of customer suck I don't want to exist.

But she's a Speshul Snowflake and deserves service! That includes calling any number of yours necessary to get what she needs!
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

This would be why we told new techs to never, ever, ever give out their personal phone numbers to customers. I heard hundreds too many complaints about inconsiderate customers calling at all hours just because they wanted their stupid contract covered washing machine fixed RIGHT THAT MINUTE!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The only way I'd ever give out my personal phone to a customer is if they were paying a very large retainer fee. Otherwise, forget it. Keep personal and business separate....always.

Comment

We didn't deliberately give our phone number to her, I'm sure. She probably looked it up in the phone book.

Comment

Make it a personal phone call, ask about the family, the weather, whatever small talk. When they want to turn to business, tell them no, you don't feel like talking about work right now, when the "buts" start, rip right into them telling them to call the fucking business line to discuss business.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
            X