• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason, looking at the title, I had THIS going through my head
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

People like this have 2 options. Follow the rules of the store or buy the store and change the rules. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        If you want, they can even review your entire wardrobe for $280 + an extra sixty on top of that.
        I don't need to pay someone for that! I can easily look at my own wardrobe and say "Good god, woman, don't you own anything besides T-shirts and jeans, and dresses you only wear to parties?"

I seriously have the worst trouble piecing together something nice enough for an interview. All I wear during the week is my uniform or comfy jammies.
        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Actually I was lucky enough to be given a session with a stylist (a gift from my dad and step-mum; I'm still not sure if it was a compliment or an insult ) and it was a lot of fun!

She gave me advice on make-up and tips on brands and colours that would work with my skin.

She and I sat down and worked out what I needed and would wear most. She also discussed my budget to make sure we were on the same page there.

She went through my entire wardrobe and had me put on almost everything I owned, giving me suggestions on whether she thought things worked for me or not, but that it was my decision whether to keep things or get rid of them.

Then we went to the local shopping centre and went around to different shops, trying all sorts of things on. It was up to me whether or not I bought them, but the really valuable thing about it was I could go back to those same shops and look through the clothes again when the seasons/fashions changed.

(Oh, and the kicker? My step-mum decided she didn't actually like the style that the stylist had come up with for me. )
          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Apparently "Personal Stylist" is code for I Am An Extremely Important Person So The Rules Don't Apply To Me. Kinda reminds me what my dad said once at a red light:

"I'm gonna turn."

"Dad, the sign says, "No Turn On Red."

"Oh, that means for everyone except me."

Of course, my dad was only joking. But these people...oy vey.

Comment

The Flounce of Shame, love it! She's probably been faced with this long walk before

Comment

Working...
              X