This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
    Ohhhh yes. When I worked an ice cream counter (please gods never again) people would flip their shit that we added sales tax to the prices posted on the boards. I mean, sure, an arm and a leg is a lot to pay for ice cream, but did you really think Uncle Sam wouldn't get his share too?
    I think some of this has to do with how the product is marketed.

If it's marketed as "Look! This is $1.00!!" people might see that and then get upset when they pay for it and the cashier asks for more than a dollar.

I recently saw a commercial for some new hamburger that the King of Burgers offered for "$1.00", and of course it has the guy standing there saying "I only have $1.00..."

They make it look like you literally only need $1.00 for the hamburger, when in fact there is tax involved.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      We get 10 cents here...
      Here too.

Although ours extends to the flavoured milk cartons as well.

It's not uncommon in my state to see some homeless people scrounging through bins to find cans, bottles and milk cartons to get the deposit on them.

My dad used to do them as well when we were kids. Time and fuel costs have recently stopped us from doing so.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

"If you forward your receipt for your last contribution to Public Broadcasting, I'd be happy to match it..."
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          Here's how I'd love to handle someone like that:

Certainly! I'll be happy to give you a credit. Let's see, under your current package, you get 100 channels, for which you pay $60 a month. That's 60 cents a month per channel, you had 1 channel out for one day.....
          There, it's all done, I have credited your account for 2 cents. Have a nice day!"
          I agree for the most part. However, because I don't want most of the channels (I am required to so I can get a few of the channels I want), I generally consider the loss of service to be complete. I would accept this argument if I were allowed to pick and pay for the channels I want and not the ones I don't.
          I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            This actually happened recently to WWE. They had this big PPV match last month, wherein indie-star-made-good Daniel Bryan fought against the evil-corporate-backed Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. Bryan won the title, and the very next night on Raw, he was stripped of the title due to shenanigans.

People actually did call their PPV provider and asked for their money back because of it. And they got it. Really made WWE rethink some of their booking decisions.
            I've heard of things happening like that before. Usually it's the "fallout from the PPV" Raw/SmackDown! where it happens.

What where the "shenanigans"?

Though, they could use this as build up to another PPV. Isn't Survivor Series coming up?

BTW...any more info on Chikara??
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              I've heard of things happening like that before. Usually it's the "fallout from the PPV" Raw/SmackDown! where it happens.

Though, they could use this as build up to another PPV. Isn't Survivor Series coming up?

BTW...any more info on Chikara??
              Yeah, that kind of "fallout from the PPV" thing is common, but this is the first time it's really caused a kind of "I want a refund" backlash.

To avoid threadjacking, I'll PM you answers to the rest.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                I recently saw a commercial for some new hamburger that the King of Burgers offered for "$1.00", and of course it has the guy standing there saying "I only have $1.00..."

They make it look like you literally only need $1.00 for the hamburger, when in fact there is tax involved.
                To be fair, that depends on where you are. Around me, commercial guy could have got it to go and only paid $1. There's no tax on carryout orders for fast food here.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZG8KQJni8

...lol
                  "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                  -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
                  X