This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna sue you!

I had a lady who did a credit card transaction and was sent up to the cage due to the fact that she didn't use a pin and we get them so we can verify who they are etc.

Me: okay, I just need your Id and your card please.

SC: (hands me her foreign not in English driver's license and card)
    I already knew this was going to go badly.

Me: Do you have your passport with you?

SC: No. I left that at home!

I'm sure you did. Thats impossible since you need those to travel.

Me: Unfortunately we are unable to process this without a passport.

SC: this is my card and I demand my money right now!

Note; The supervisor was on break and there were only TWO of us in the cage. And the other person wasn't working a frontline window so I was by myself.

Me: Sadly I can't. I can't do anything without a passport. It's our policy.

SC: I want your manager!

I went into the back and grabbed the other cashier who like me has no power and can't do anything for her.

Cw told her the SAME thing and got yelled at too.

SC: Stupid americans.

CW: (says something in that lady's language)

SC: oh if you can speak it you should take it! The machine did!

Me: Well, the machine didn't know you didn't have a passport.

I was getting annoyed and shaking cuz she kept yelling at calling us stupid.

SC: You wait until my host hears about this!

CW: you have a players card?
    (sometimes if they are high players we have to give them special treatment)

SC: well no but my friend is a VIP!

Then no, YOU don't have a host you are the friend thus you get nothing.

CW: In two hours this will cancel out and go back to your card. But we can't do anything without a passport. Our policy states that we require a passport.

SC: I'm going to sue!!

Me: Okay.

SC: I want your names!

We both tell her and

Quoth Anakah View Post

SC: I want your names!
    You: "Not until you show us your passport!"

Comment

As stated in one of the other threads I remember reading - best answer to "I'm going to sue" - "We have lawyers too, you know..."
      Violets are blue,
      Roses are red,
      I bequeath to thee...
      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

My name is Gofu Ckyourself.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
          "I'm going to sue" - "We have lawyers too, you know..."
          And we have the facts and law on our side.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Dude that was great, you get a .
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Been listening to a lot of Weird Al recently.

http://youtu.be/MeXQBHLIPcw
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                As stated in one of the other threads I remember reading - best answer to "I'm going to sue" - "We have lawyers too, you know..."
                I got dinged by QA for this, but they we laughing too...

SC: "I'm going to sue"
                Me: "We employ lawyers, who do you think will win?"

Comment

I can't count the number of times I was threatened with lawsuits when I worked in the tv repair store. I don't know what these people think it's going to accomplish, particularly when you are following policy. My typical replies were "well I wish you the best of luck with that" and if they were real asshats "I'm sorry, I can no longer discuss this matter with you as you have declared your intention to pursue litigation; any further communication must be done through the court system. Thank you, and have a wonderful day"
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                  Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

One of my co-workers, when someone threatens to go to the BBB or to sue, usually says something along the lines of 'That's your decision, of course, but be sure to take along a copy of our terms and conditions.'
                    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that the words "I'm gonna sue you!!" is supposed to make the other person fall to their knees and beg, in the process offering anything the screamer wants if only they won't unleash the lawyers.

Somehow the fact that this Defcon 1-level threat (as they see it) is usually met with a look of boredom -- if not amusement -- never seems to convince them that it's a waste of breath.

Comment

"Knock yourself out," or "Good luck with that," is my usual retort. It's amazing how angry it makes these SCs when they realize their attempt at intimidation failed.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

In my case

I have had people demand my name, address, phone number.

I just point out that they are suing me, and it would be foolish on my part to help them with their side of the lawsuite. It is amazing the number of people who tell me it is the law and that I have give it to them. I just smile and say, "Then call the cops.".

No-one has done that yet.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                            I'm partial to the name Heywood Jablome.
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              I have had people demand my name, address, phone number.

I just point out that they are suing me, and it would be foolish on my part to help them with their side of the lawsuite. It is amazing the number of people who tell me it is the law and that I have give it to them. I just smile and say, "Then call the cops.".

No-one has done that yet.
                              Those were the ones that really bothered me. Hey, you think you have a case, go for it, knock yourself out, but you are going after the company, not me personally; piss off with your bullshit scare tactics.
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                              Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
                              X