This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chef has psycho fangirls

So, a local newspaper did a nice profile of Chef (though they botched both our website and our phone number ).

The phone rings, and apparently it was a screaming harpy calling.

Me: "Thank you for calling Half-a-Cow Resort, this is..."
    SC: "I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR CHEF!"
    Me: "Err..."
    SC: "I READ HIS ARTICLE IN SOME NEWSPAPER! I don't remember but it was the Northern Herald or the Northern Times, or maybe the Northern Reporter..."
    Me: "Yes! I know the article."
    SC: "...or the Northern News or the Northern Cheeseheads or the Northern..."
    Me: "Yes, the Northern Light."
    SC: "...or the Northern Moon, or it was the Northern something. And his name is Chef or [Assistant GM] or something? And I'M CONFUSED! YOU NEED TO TELL ME HIS NAME!"
    *Note: There were two names in the article. Chef, and Asst. GM who also commented in the article. It was very clear that the article was about Chef and that Asst. GM was commenting as his boss.*
    Me: "His name is Chef."
    SC: "WHAT RESTAURANT DOES HE WORK AT? THEY NAMED TWO DIFFERENT RESTAURANTS AND I'M SO CONFUSED!"
    Me: "Chef is our Executive Culinary Director for all our food outlets, so he's the head chef at both [Resort Restaurant], [Country Club Restaurant], and [Small Golf Course Restaurant]."
    SC: "BUT WHICH ONE DOES HE WORK AT?!?"
    Me: "As I said, he runs all three."
    SC: "HOW CAN ONE CHEF RUN THREE RESTAURANTS? THAT'S RIDICULOUS!"
    Me: *thinking Gordon Ramsay has like two dozen plus a bunch of TV shows* "Well, has a whole team under him. We have sous chefs at each restaurant that run the kitchen when he's not there. He's mainly at [Resort Restaurant] but he does run all three and is in charge of all of them."
    SC: "HOW CAN HE DO THAT?"
    Me: "He works very hard, but he directs them all the culinary director." *thinking: why the hell do you even care?*
    SC: "I'M SO CONFUSED THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!"

Later, rinse, and repeat for about five minutes, with her screaming how confused she was the whole time.

After I got off the phone, CW told me that guests have complained to her in the past because only line cooks were working in the restaurant at the time, and they didn't get to meet Chef. CW had explained that Chef does, in fact, get time off periodically, but the SCs still whined about it and said how horrible it was that Chef didn't live in the restaurant 24/7.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I've bumped into bar customers on the street or in another bar in Key West, and so often they say, "Aren't you supposed to be working?" Or some variant thereof.

No, I get some time off, believe it or not. And my bar does employ other bartenders. We do have LIVES outside of work.

Some customers don't seem to get that, though your chef's fans seem to be a bit more psycho about it than my customers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      I've bumped into bar customers on the street or in another bar in Key West, and so often they say, "Aren't you supposed to be working?" Or some variant thereof.

No, I get some time off, believe it or not. And my bar does employ other bartenders. We do have LIVES outside of work.

Some customers don't seem to get that, though your chef's fans seem to be a bit more psycho about it than my customers.
      Wait, why are you posting on the internet? Aren't you supposed to be at work? *ducks and runs*
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh hell... I'm just a lowly C-Store peon and I've gotten things similar to this. I very, very clearly remember going out ot grab a few groceries, and as I was walking toward the meat department--

"<C-Store> Girl!!"

Excuse my while I go shudder at the memory. Really.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          CW had explained that Chef does, in fact, get time off periodically, but the SCs still whined about it and said how horrible it was that Chef didn't live in the restaurant 24/7.
          Well, he does have to take time off to help "the children" with various problems...
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"Why aren't you at [store]?"
            "My recharging terminal is currently down for maintenance. Current regulations prevent retail drones from working for longer than twelve hours without recharging. If you have any further questions, please contact tech support."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X