This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't find your jokes the least bit funny

Back when I worked at a very popular northern chain of food/gas station/mini marts, I'd occasionally get those SC's who made jokes about how shitty our food must have been since we were "just a gas station." Those jokes were never funny, because despite what they might have thought, our food was actually delicious and I still eat it to this day. (I miss my discount. )

This establishment also didn't have any microwaves on the premises - not even in the break room. This will be important later.

One of the major ways we would cook our side dishes and meats was by using a re-thermalizer. It was basically a giant steam table that slowly brought moisture back into previously frozen food. If taken out at the correct time, the food tasted and looked great. However, a lot of idiot SCs didn't know what a re-thermalizer was, and couldn't spell the word if their lives had depended on it.

Enter Redneck SC, who asked about our side dishes and whether we made them from scratch. (LOLOLOL No.) I began to explain the re-thermalizer and how it worked, but the jackass cut me off with the douchiest laugh I'd heard in awhile and says, "'Re-thermalizer.' That's a funny name for a microwave."

No. No idiot, it isn't. Those are two completely different things. Believe me, I WISH we had a microwave, because then I could have brought my own lunch to work instead of buying it everyday. Your joke is neither funny nor appreciated. Go climb back into the mud hole from whence you spawned.
    Last edited by Moosenogger; 11-11-2013, 10:59 PM.

Sounds like an idiot. Not because he doesn't know what a re-thermalizer is, but because he assumes it's just another word for something else.

He's like the jerks I sometimes get on the phone who ask me the price of something and when I tell them, they laugh. Look, either you want it or you don't, but why laugh??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

Sorry... first thought that came to me, had to do it. Bonus points if you know where it is from.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
        "What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

Sorry... first thought that came to me, had to do it. Bonus points if you know where it is from.
        Blazing Saddles?
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sounds like Blazing Saddles to me. I love that movie.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
            "You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.".
            Blazing Saddles.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I love you all.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                Sounds like Blazing Saddles to me. I love that movie.
                I still love the "blooper" laugh both of them do right at the end.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post

Okay, that made me laugh.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post

At least nobody's joking about you being paid to work, not jump around like a Kansas City f-----.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Blazing Saddles is my favorite movie of all time. Horribly Un-PC as it is. Mel Brooks recently did a PBS special when he explained the perceived racism as showing how dumb racism & bigotry are.
                      Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X