• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 11 and a Half.

I.D.

Me: Do you have your I.D.?
    SC: *sighs* No.
    Me: *shrugs* Sorry.
    SC: I can't get fucking cigarettes?! I'm fucking 27!
    Me: But you don't look 27.
    SC: WHAT ARE YOU, FUCKING 12?!!?!

Gas, Everywhere GAS

A woman comes up and is upset because the pump hose has a hole in it and she is paying for gas that is going on the ground. I explain that there is a number she can call or I could call the manager for her as I didn't know what to tell her about the money she was wasting by having it all go on the ground. She is then less concerned about the money and begins to tell me that there is a puddle of gas outside and we are going to have a fire.

SC: I don't have time to be like this in a [company a].
    Me: [Company b].
    SC: FINE. [COMPANY C]!!!
    Me: ........

Sigh.

Having seen huge gas spills I simply tell her that if there is a risk of ignition, we will put her car into neutral and push it out of the way of the gas spill.

SC: WHO'S GOING TO PUSH MY CAR?! NOT ME!
    Me: We would push your car, somebody would have to steer it. That would be you.
    SC: I am NOT doing this, you better HOPE nothing happens to my car! Ya'll gonna have a FIIIIYARE. I WANT YOU TO CALL A SUPERVISOR.

So...I call a supervisor. I tell him that customer is upset because she has "wasted" money by it coming out of the hose. We walk out to her car where I find a stain on the concrete. It is not puddled, there is no standing gas, it is a stain under the hose. I run my fingers down the bottom of the hose and can't feel anything, I'll have to look at it. I explain to supervisor that there is a small stain of gas on the concrete.

SC goes INSANE. She starts SCREAMING that I am 'minimizing the situation' and snatches the phone from my hands, screaming at the supervisor about how I know nothing and he needs to have a talk with me, etc, etc, etc. Right in front of her I whip out my phone and take a picture of the gas stain. She seems undeterred. She continues to yell at him and then hands me back the phone telling me that she's going to call the health department about how we're going to have a fire. She gets in her car, rolls down the window and tells me she wants my name. I make her open the door and get out of the car to see my name tag. Then she wails up into the heavens that she's going to call corporate on me (surprise, corporate is ON THE PHONE.) Supervisor tells me not to argue with her and that it's okay and I'm fine.

Her parting shot: "YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU'RE JUST A KID!"

When she drives off she comes back around and starts screaming obscenities at me out the window while the supervisor is still on the phone.

Way to make yourself credible there, sweetcheeks.

We never got a call. Maybe because she didn't even know where she was and when she yelled "[company c]" I just didn't correct her.

Gender Bending

CW told me this. I was putting away tobacco when a man comes up to her register.

SC: I want a cigar.
    CW: Okay, which one? We have a lot.
    SC: Whatever he's holding.
    CW: *snicker* Poor thing, always mistaken for a boy. *shakes head*
    SC: *turns red* I...I didn't know. I'm not from around here!!! *pays and runs out*

Note: I'm not always mistaken for a boy but I have had customers in the past call out to me from far away yelling "Ma'am? SIR????" From far away I look like a 10 year old boy. From any decent distance I'm very clearly female.

Now if you'd like to put tobacco on your soft pretzel...

Clueless Git: Do you have mustard packets back there?
    Me: No they would be on that shelf right over there.
    CG: Why don't you have them back here?
    Me: Because this is the cash register area. That over there is the food area.

Come on now

This marks the second time in my life I've seen someone trying to push the employee's only door open and trying the handle that is underneath a keypad. The toilet isn't in there, friend. Only disaster awaits you in there. That's a promise.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    Come on now

This marks the second time in my life I've seen someone trying to push the employee's only door open and trying the handle that is underneath a keypad. The toilet isn't in there, friend. Only disaster awaits you in there. That's a promise.
    A disaster indeed. They might be mistaken for an employee.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      Only disaster awaits you in there. That's a promise.
      Yeah. They'll put a company shirt on you and make you work there.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Gas stain lady reminds me of a story my mechanic told me once. Back when he was first starting out as an employee (he and his brother now own the shop), he did some repair work to fix an oil leak on a "ladies" car. The next day she came back, screeching about how the car was still leaking and she had payed good money and how dare they not fix the line. So he went under the car again, checked it from top to bottom, could not find a single thing wrong with it. When he told the lady this, she went out to the car she came in, pulled out a sheet, and spread it out in their office. In the middle was a tiny, tiny black spot. Apparently she had parked her car on a sheet overnight to see if it was leaking and in the morning found a tiny dot of oil the size of a fly on the sheet.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own cars.

Comment

It's funny how most of the people who stomp and scream because they lack an ID to buy some stuff had actually DRIVEN to the store to purchase said items.

You need a driver's license to legally drive a car. A driver's license is MORE than acceptable as a legitimate ID.

And yet...these people who DROVE to the store don't seem to have one on them!

"Ohhh...I left my license on the dashboard in my car!" We've all heard that before. Sorry, but that's not a real excuse. Do you consider your driver's license a companion enough to actually need it out on the dashboard or the passenger seat? Do you think you're so good-looking in that DMV-issued picture that you need to be able to take the license out of your wallet and gaze at it all the time while you're driving?

Or maybe...you simply don't HAVE a license???

Comment

If htey left it in their car, I'll be glad to wait for them to go get it. It's the ones that, like in the OP, act as if you asked for their firstborn instead of their ID that irritate me. Hey, if you want to pay the fines I'll get for selling to a minor, and find me a new job, then sure, I'll sell to you. What? You don't want to do that? Then give me ID or GTFO. Now. As for gas lady, some people are just drama queens. Also.. pay attention to what store you're in, FFS! The rest of your stories just make me think of the people that come in my store, look directly at the ATM, then ask me if we have an ATM. Yeah. Shudder-inducing thought there, indeed.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
              Gas stain lady reminds me of a story my mechanic told me once. Back when he was first starting out as an employee (he and his brother now own the shop), he did some repair work to fix an oil leak on a "ladies" car.<snip>Apparently she had parked her car on a sheet overnight to see if it was leaking and in the morning found a tiny dot of oil the size of a fly on the sheet.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to own cars.
              Did this same lady complain about a lack of power, high fuel consumption, and smoke, but the mechanic couldn't find the problem - when she got in the car, the first thing she did was pull out the choke and hang her handbag on it?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                Come on now

To be fair, I have had to go to the bathroom with those door keypads. Of course, they were in office buildings, not convenience stores.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Did this same lady complain about a lack of power, high fuel consumption, and smoke, but the mechanic couldn't find the problem - when she got in the car, the first thing she did was pull out the choke and hang her handbag on it?
                  Must be a very old car if it still has a choke.

Comment

Working...
                  X