This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imaginarium Fantasticus

Yesterday I was sitting at work on the computer as per the norm, eating delicious fish and chips when this random guy (30 ish) comes in and asks about pokemon cards then leaves. About 20 minutes later he comes back, tells me some sob story about how he hasn't eaten in days and says he wants my fries. Needless to say, I told him to fuck off in as many words. If you cannot afford food then you cannot afford pokemon.

Now to the title of this story, today I get to help out at a Ren fair of that name. I imagine that I will have stories from this at the end of the day.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

I just took part in a life sized chess match, humans vs zombies. Oh, I forgot to mention, it's a steam punk ren fair.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      Yesterday I was sitting at work on the computer as per the norm, eating delicious fish and chips when this random guy (30 ish) comes in and asks about pokemon cards then leaves. About 20 minutes later he comes back, tells me some sob story about how he hasn't eaten in days and says he wants my fries. Needless to say, I told him to fuck off in as many words. If you cannot afford food then you cannot afford pokemon.
      Reminds me of people who always have money for booze and/or cigarettes, and yet pay for all of their groceries with food stamps.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        Reminds me of people who always have money for booze and/or cigarettes, and yet pay for all of their groceries with food stamps.
        In my defense, I work full time, but cannot feed and house my family of four on that salary - due to the huge credit card bills my husband ran up, which I have to pay (per court order ... I didn't run up the bills, but I'm the only one working, so meh). I do rely on food stamps for groceries, but I WORK for my cigarette money (and the money to pay the credit card bills, and gas, and rent, and electric, etc.) :/

I agree there are MANY MANY people who take advantage of the system, but please don't paint us all with the same brush

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          I agree there are MANY MANY people who take advantage of the system, but please don't paint us all with the same brush
          Sorry if I offended you. It's just curious how so many people pull out the "My kids are going to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve!!!11!" card while they never seem to run out of booze and cigarette money. If it came down to a choice between food and poison, I'd take the food.
          Last edited by Ree; 11-17-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

And we're going to drop the food stamps discussion right now There are many members who are either on food stamps, or have been on food stamps, and budgeted carefully for little luxuries like a pack of smokes, or a cheap lipstick. It's not fair to paint everyone with the same brush just because you saw one or two people doing that.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That steampunk ren fair sounds awesome
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

What piece were you Sand? I've always thought one of those would be awesome.

Comment

I was king side knight brandishing 2 big steampunky pistols, human side. Very fun and I get to do it again today.

Comment

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...03672499_o.jpg

I would attach the photo but it is too big so here is a link.

Comment

That is about 15 thousand different shades of awesome! Am jealous
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That is me behind the girl in the chain mail bikini top.

Such an awesome time to be had by all. They want me to run the game next year. I think I will go Vampires vs Werewolves.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          That is about 15 thousand different shades of awesome! Am jealous
                          Agreed! I love steampunk; wish they had an event like that around here.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                            so here is a link.

Looks like a fun time. The zombie makeup is great.

Comment

Working...
                            X