This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitch be crazy

It's logical, right? If every single time you go to the petrol station, you choose to go during peak time, then you're gonna have to wait. Apparently, it's not obvious to some people, like this SC.

She showed up during the 3:30 - 6:30 rush, when the kids come out of school and the nine to fivers head home and there are always cars queuing round the block and a massive queue out the door in the kiosk. Oh yeah, and don't expect your pump to be activated instantaniously. This SC did. She put the nozzle in the car, then a second later, whipped it out and came to bang on the window. I refuse to bellow thru the window at SCs so I signalled to her to go back to her car. She did.

Then, after another rotation of "put nozzle in, pump isn't instantly authorised, whip it out", she came into the kiosk, ignoring the fact that the queue was out the door, and shrieked at me and my collegue.

"Turn my pump on!"

I replied, "You have to be patient. We're busy at the moment, and it'll take a little while to authorise your pump. Just stay by your car, and it'll be authorised."

SC: "Don't give me that kind of crap! Every fucking time I come here, you ignore me! I always come here at four, and it's always the same!"

So basically, you think that you're so speshul that you can turn up right in the middle of the busy period and get your pump authorised instantly? Suck it, bitch.

What I actually said was, "I'm sorry, but it's very busy and we can't turn your pump on right away cuz there are several other pumps coming on at the exact same time. You have to be patient."

SC: "Screw you!"

Bitch went back to her car, drove out leaving the nozzle on the ground. I had to leave my collegue to man the queue alone while I went outside to retrieve the nozzle that the SC had thrown to the ground, just cuz she was a brat who couldn't be patient. Just like I said in the title...

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Times like this, I really wish we were allowed to SCs. Or open a trapdoor under their feet to a cold, filthy dungeon cell.

Sorry you had to deal with that harpy. It must be Bitch Week this week.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I would have had a hard time not saying, "So don't come here at four--when we're crazy busy--and maybe you won't have to wait next time!"

But this is a perfect illustration of my Work Mantra: Everybody can't be first in line.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Times like this, I really wish we were allowed to SCs. Or open a trapdoor under their feet to a cold, filthy dungeon cell.

Sorry you had to deal with that harpy. It must be Bitch Week this week.
        I blame the fact that we're getting ever closer to the Season Of Bad Will, aka Christmas. I confidentually expect to ruin Christmas for several more SCs this year.

As for this particular SC, if she's allergic to queuing, I have to wonder how on earth she copes in this country at all.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

off topic

Am I the only one who heard that in Fluttershy's voice?

back on topic

I really am losing patience with the special snowflakes of the world.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I would have had a hard time not saying, "So don't come here at four--when we're crazy busy--and maybe you won't have to wait next time!"

*snip*
            Exactly! She's a perfect example of the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              Exactly! She's a perfect example of the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
              I would love to be able to tell SCs that.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

People are just......dense.

I always try to mind the time when I decide to go certain places. Try, at least.

Another thing was, coming off of my year on weekend shift, going back to having weekends off, it was actually kind of a shock for me when I first went on a date or whatever I was doing one Saturday night and everywhere was packed. I was like, oh, woops, yeah that's right....weekends.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  I always try to mind the time when I decide to go certain places. Try, at least.
                  And if you can't avoid going at peak time, well, you realize it's peak time, shrug and deal with it like a grownup.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Reminds me of the time a similar incident happened at the bank. That summer, I was working in their auditing department. Most of the time, I'd sit on my ass, and mess with spreadsheets. For 2 weeks though, our team was at one of the other branches, doing a compliance audit. That is, we were checking to see that they were doing what they were supposed to--procedures were being followed, required signs displayed properly, making sure that nobody had the entire vault combination--that sort of thing. Small bank meant that we didn't have an office or two to use. Instead, we were right out in the lobby, where some tables had been set up.

Anyway, around lunchtime, there was a commotion at the counter. Seems someone had come in, and the "ATM has been down every damn day at this time." The guy simply couldn't believe that we'd shut down the ATM to maintain it, and threw a fit.

Branch manager came out, told the guy to settle down, and that was pretty much it. Or...it would have been, if I didn't know the guy. He was actually one of my college professors, and a douche to boot. Once I told the manager who he was, he started wondering if we could mess with him. Make the ATM talk, tell him it was going to get even for talking trash

Anyone want to guess why the professor insisted on coming to that particular branch every day? Seems that he didn't have a car, and refused to make the 2-mile-plus walk out to the interstate (opposite end of town) where the other branch and all the fast-food places were. We were in town, and since everyone else went the other direction...had practically nothing going on come noon. Perfect time to shut down the ATM and maintain it.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I hate waiting for anything. I'm a giant baby about it (it's more complex than that, but it's a long story). But even I know, as MoonCat said, everyone can't be first in line.

What on earth are these people's excuses? *boggles* How do they manage to act as if/think that they're the only people in existence?
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X