This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I need is a call example

This week, I dealt with one of our highly respected customers that was having problems dialing out long distance on their phones. Much of the time, when someone has these problems, we normally need to get what is called a call example. This not only refers to the phone number the customer cannot dial out from; it also refers to the number the person called, the date and time of the call, and what happened when the call was made, such as a recording, busy signal, etc.

On this problem, it was like pulling teeth, and very nightmarish. This old bat who I had dealt with before had e-mailed it in, and the only thing she put on it was the phone number, and "long distance doesn't work". I had replied back that we needed a little more to go on, and gave her the information we needed. No reply, so I had to call her. That's when the fun began.

Me: No introduction needed.
    FOBB: Fucking Old Bat Bitch (that's how much she rubbed me the wrong way, plus she sounded like a woman in her late sixties or even late seventies)

Me: Hi, Fucking Old Bat Bitch. This is greensinestro with XYZ. I was replying to your problems with a site having long distance problems. I needed to see if I could get some more information from you?

FOBB: I already told you in the e-mail that the site could not dial out long distance! What else could you need on that?

Me: Well, Fucking Old Bat Bitch, we need at least one call example, which includes (and I read off again what we needed).

FOBB: Fine! I will three way us with the site and get someone to give it to us! We should not have to do that though!

Me: I'll hold on then, Fucking Old Bat Bitch.

FOBB: (Then connects me with the site)

Fran At The Site: Good afternoon, this is Fran.

FOBB: Fran, this is Fucking Old Bat Bitch at site 12, and I have greensinestro on the line with us. For some reason, he needs you to tell him a number you called that you had problems with.

FATS: Well, all I know is.....

FOBB: Never mind what you know! What number did your site call???!!!

FATS: I don't know exactly. I know someone else reported the problem, and.....

FOBB: Fran, you answered the phone, so you need to tell me what you called!!!

Me: (I had to chime in here). Fran, hi, this is greensinestro. We are simply looking for what number you called as we cannot proceed without at least one call example.

FATS: Oh, well, I know they dialed this toll free number.

Me: Well, we really need a direct number you called as a toll free is not anything the carrier can work with.

FOBB: (Very testily): Greensinestro! I have been doing this job for forty years, and Fran gave you what you needed! Now, work with it!!!

Me: Fucking Old Bat Bitch, a toll free is not a direct long distance call. I'm trying to see if Fran has another example.

FATS: I can try another number now. What I can tell you though is that this is a fax we are dialing out from and it says "busy" when we call the number.

Me: OK, it's possible it's the number you are dialing to, or your fax machine.

FATS: Greensinestro, let me ask you to hold, and I will see what other number I can get.

Me: Not a problem, Fran. I can hold on.

FOBB: Greensinestro, let's just cut to the chase here. She already gave you a number, and you keep saying you can't use that!

Me: (By now, getting really sick of her): Fucking Old Bat Bitch, let me cut to the chase. That call example is not usable, therefore we cannot use it to determine why they are having this problem.

FOBB: (Silent, as if she is not used to having someone speak to her like that)

FATS: (Has now come back on the line) Greensinestro, I do not have another number. Perhaps.....

FOBB: Fran, we aren't getting anywhere with Greensinestro. I'll just go over his head and try my own method of solving this problem! (And hung up on both of us before we could say anything to that)

With that, I then called our sales supervisor in charge of this account. To my non surprise, she informed me that Fucking Old Bat Bitch had called her after she spoke with me, got upset with her because she had told her the same thing I did, that a call example was needed, and a toll free is not one that could be used, then hung up on her as well. We then together called the site, spoke to Fran again, had her do some test long distance calls to our fax machine, and were able to be on our way within five minutes.

Later on though, Fucking Old Bat Bitch sent a reply e-mail back. The reply was after I had sent her the e-mail saying we needed an example, which was the same one I sent her that she never replied back to. In it, she copied the sales supervisor, then addressed me as how Fran had given me the toll free number, and that I kept saying I could not help her. No mention made of trying to get an actual number or my explanation that what we had was not sufficient to solve the problem. She then went on to say that I was curt, rude, and condescending to her. My reply to our sales supervisor was about how difficult it was for me to be that way since Fucking Old Bat Bitch barely allowed not only myself to get in a word edgewise, but Fran as well.

Luckily, I have a good relationship with the sales supervisor as she did not believe what Fucking Old Bat Bitch said about me. I can't wait to follow up on Monday with this one.
    Last edited by greensinestro; 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM.

Wow. I know exactly what you mean, and exactly why FOBB was way off mark. Way to make a good impression on the customer
    Hope someone puts that bat in her place, or at least you never have to deal with her again
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
    X