This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    This actually makes me wonder how the game ratings work there in Oz (and elsewhere)....
    Generally speaking, they are pretty much identical to the movie ratings with one difference-at the moment, there are no R-Rated games. That is going to change.

There are also four other ratings I didn't mention, which are for TV and in one case, video games:

E: Exempt. Generally used on docos and whatnot. The material needs to be a G rating at least however.

P: Preschool, ONLY used on TV guides.

C: Children, ditto.

AV: Adult Viewing, usually used for when a film is screening on TV and while the rating might be say M, on TV it's a whole nother matter. (for example, Dead POets Society received an AV rating) Basically it's a 15+ rating.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      I really don't want to hear "Mommy, Protege called someone a 'twinkle-toed fuck pixie.' What's that mean?" I don't want to have to explain it, nor do I want to possibly get my ass beat for using that phrase when kids are nearby
      Very true. Kids these days have no idea what "twinkle-toed' and "pixie" mean.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Very true. Kids these days have no idea what "twinkle-toed' and "pixie" mean.
        Smartass
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Smartass
          Kids these days don't know what a willow switch leads to, either.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            I really don't want to hear "Mommy, Protege called someone a 'twinkle-toed fuck pixie.' What's that mean?"
            I tried to keep a lid on it when my son was little, and I thought I was doing pretty good, up until he called me a "stupid asshole" at age 3.

I was sure he had picked it up from his mother, because she never even tried to watch her mouth. One time she was pissed at her boyfriend and, right in front of our son, said, "He's an asshole and he can go fuck himself!"

So I told my son, "We don't say that here!"

He told me, "You say it!"

I told him, "No, I don't."

He told me, "You say it in the car!"

Another time, his grandma told me she let one slip when another driver cut her off and she called him an asshole. My son just looked at her and said, "My daddy says that too, but he says it better!"
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My parents wouldn't allow us to watch a lot of inappropriate stuff, but some people would not have been impressed with my father's rather unusual methods of entertaining himself and his children during road trips. Particularly when, while driving down the highway on a trip to Florida, he would get us (aged 11, 7, and 6) to yell out the windows "stupid Ohio bastards!" at drivers with Ohio plates.

And when I say "some people" would not have been impressed, I am including my mother in this, as she was not very fond of it. Although, I must admit, her objections, while she believed them, weren't very strong, as she was voicing them while struggling to contain her laughter.

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              Bars in Florida don't allow minors there and it's a good thing they don't.
              Yes and no. BARS don't, i.e., establishments that only serve drinks and not food. But there are many bar/restaurants, restaurant/bars, restaurants that serve liquor, pubs, and other such hybrid establishments that do allow minors. Pubs are, generally speaking, both eating and drinking establishments. The OP works at a pub, and clearly they allow children. As do most pubs I've been to, even here in Florida. My workplace might qualify as a pub, though it is probably more of a bar/restaurant. But one of my favorite spots down here is an Irish pub, and they do allow children, at least at certain hours, and perhaps only in the dining room. (I don't know all the child rules there, as I don't have any children.) Though on a Saturday night, or during a major event, say St. Patrick's Day, you would be a fucking moron to bring children there. And by fucking moron, I mean someone just like the father in the OP.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              Mos Eisley is a bit upper class compared to my pub.
              Now THAT is hilarious!

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
              "Actually, there is this one pub...."

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Seriously?! I bet he spent the entire show yelling, "Would you idiots shut up, I can't hear the dialogue!"
              "Tell those assholes to shut up."
              "Shut up, assholes!"

Quoth protege View Post
              I really don't want to hear "Mommy, Protege called someone a 'twinkle-toed fuck pixie.' What's that mean?" I don't want to have to explain it, nor do I want to possibly get my ass beat for using that phrase when kids are nearby
              I am a grown adult, and I'd like to ask you to explain to me.....what exactly IS a twinkle-toed fuck pixie?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I am a grown adult, and I'd like to ask you to explain to me.....what exactly IS a twinkle-toed fuck pixie?
                Funny you should ask: http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=89217
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Out of curiosity I googled "twinkle-toed fuck pixie" and found a web page from 2003 which descibes said being as some sort of retarded redneck biker dude. The reference is near the bottom of the page, although the whole thing made for a rather amusing read.

Added: I looked around the rest of that website, Going Faster, and found some interesting stuff there. I'll probably waste a few hours there reading through everything.
                  Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 05-29-2012, 03:40 AM.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    I'm sure the people in the ticket office thought I was the worst dad in the world
                    If I were there, I would've thought you were insanely cool.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Out of curiosity I googled "twinkle-toed fuck pixie" and found a web page from 2003
                      Damn. I was going to guess Tinkerbell, in her younger days, when she ways trying to pay for college. She now spends her days hoping Neverneverland never gets internet.

Comment

My friends and I had the opposite problem a few months back. We'd gone to a kid friendly restaurant (think of a big pink pig!) for a kids 10th birthday, in total we had about 7-8 kids between 12-3. We'd booked ahead, they knew it was a kids party and had put us in a corner away from everyone else. Not a problem for us!

Someone actually complained that the kids were being too noisy! There was no one seated near us in the entire section, in total there was probably 30 of us in our group, so with all of us chatting and the kids having a bit of fun, sure we were loud, but not obnoxiously so.

I'm sorry dude, but if you're looking for a nice romantic restaurant to take your girlfriend, HB probably isn't the place!

and if you're looking for a nice family bistro to have a meal, I would suggest going somewhere that has a seperate meals area from the main bar or just go another night. Or like CRML said, go to the family friendly place up the street!!

Some people think they're so speshial.. *shakes head*

Oh and one other quick story. My friend had her birthday drinks in an awesome bar with live music, and great food last weekend. Friends of ours couldn't get a sitter, but the place allowed kids until 10.30pm as that was when their kitchen closed. My friends are awesome and their kids are even more so. Everytime they go out to dinner, whether it's a kid friendly place or not, they always sit and play quietly, drawing or some other activity. Their 7 year old son loves to watch the footy on the big pub screen, and their 4 year old daughter just likes to sit in everyones laps for cuddles!

On this occasion, the son was once again happily watching football on the big screen, and their daughter was tearing up the dancefloor! At one stage she was allowed onstage with the band to play with the drums!

Awesome kids, never any problem for anyone. But then you can thank their parents for that, they've taught them manners and respect, and they know it's their responsibility to keep their kids entertained, and don't allow them to run amok! Something a lot of parents fail to do in todays sorry world!
                        "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          But, to a lot of people with kids, their kids should be welcomed anywhere and everywhere they go.

This includes, and is not just limited to.....action movies (yeah, whoever you are that brought your baby to Avengers...you should be shot), R rated movies, sports bars, plain old bars, fancy restaurants, botiques, tanning salons (under 16 NOT ALLOWED in a tanning area), spas where there are tons of tools, hot oils, hot rocks, chemicals, sharp things.......
                          You've been reading STFU Parents too, eh? XD

Yeah, I've seen those kind of people in action before; once had a hag and her family sitting right next to a group consisting of me, my mates and our other halves in a pub on a Friday night. The hag had the nerve to tell us to keep it down; we deliberately got louder. She then complained about all the swearing and the smoke (this happened before the smoking ban, natch) and we just laughed at her, so she went to the manager to complain. He basically told her that this wasn't a family pub and that he wasn't going to throw us out. Oh, and that she had the option to leave if it bothered her. XD
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X