This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Not A Difficult Concept...

Nothing like opening and closing the store on the same day. Anyway, I worked a whole four hours tonight, and had this gem. Guy walked in yakking away on his cell phone--annoying right from the start. He wants to purchase a six pack of Bud. I, wanting to keep my job and avoid fines and jail time, ask for his ID. He feels around his pockets, then says it's in his car. Oh, no problem. I'll wait. So, he goes to his car, and takes his sweet time, while one of my regulars is waiting in line. Finally, he comes back in and states that it's "in his other car". I apologize, and tell him that I can't and won't sell it to him without ID. Cue instant catbutt face, and on his way out, to the person on the other end of the line: "I just got fucking carded at <C-Store!> BLARGLERABBLEBLARG!!"

Sorry dude...it's not that difficult of a concept. You want alcohol, you show me your ID. Perhaps you'd like to pay any fines I might incur if I'd happen to sell to a minor, as well as find me another job? No? Then show me your ID or GTFO. End of story.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Not to mention you should always have your ID on you. Why do people not carry it?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You got here in a car? Driving, right??? Why the HELLLLLLLLLL don't you have your driver's license with you?

I got no sympathy for these people. Nor do I care. Bleh.

Comment

Haha, I loved the people who would get mad about not having ID or being carded, and if they weren't already on their phone, they'd dial someone up and on their way out the door be stomping and whining all petulantly "Man I fucking just got carded!"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Why do people not carry it?
          That's what I'd like to know. In FL if you get pulled over and you don't have your driver's license on you, they can ticket you for that. It's really stupid not to have your ID with you if you go out, just as it is to pitch a bitch fit about being carded for booze and/or cigarettes.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

why do people keep their money and ID in different places?
            invest in a wallet.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
              why do people keep their money and ID in different places?
              invest in a wallet.
              Cause then if the wallet gets stolen/lost you don't lose both things?

Comment

As I don't drive, I don't particularly care to carry an ID. I know who I am, and enough spammers and telemarketers and assorted idiots and hoodlums know me as it is.

I've been thinking of carrying around a card that says
                ME
                on it.
                Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
                  As I don't drive, I don't particularly care to carry an ID. I know who I am, and enough spammers and telemarketers and assorted idiots and hoodlums know me as it is.

ME
                  on it.
                  *nods* Which is fine. Until you go for alcohol or cigs, which the law states that ID must be checked if the person looks under a certain age. Now if you have grey hair, wrinkles, etc..that's fine..but if you are like me..I look about 10-15 years younger then I am. Sure since I am now 38..I've stopped being carded..but for a long time (when I was picking it up for my brother, father, or mom) I had my ID in my hand when ordering.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                    why do people keep their money and ID in different places
                    Well, I keep my ID and debit card in my back pocket when I go out to bars/clubs. I'm still fairly new to the whole purse thing (finally had to get one when I had the kid) and I'm prone to leaving the damn thing places. So every once in a while I'll find myself at a checkout counter and realize that I didn't switch them back to my wallet.
                    Last edited by Spork4pedro; 06-03-2012, 06:16 AM. Reason: oopsie!
                    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

This guy was all mad and saying, "Damn, I got freakin' carded!"

Whereas ME, the last time this happened, I texted half my friends, and even some strangers, saying, "Dude! I just got freakin' carded! WOO HOO!" (The irony of the last carding was it was at a bar that I once worked at!)

Quoth Zoom View Post
                      ME
                      on it.
                      I think that is hilarious, and I love it. Of course, if you look 30 or under to me and come to my bar to purchase alcohol, that ID will get you exactly what no ID will get you: nothing.

Because while I love your idea, I still have to work under very strict alcohol laws that I am not about to violate, whatever my beliefs or likes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't drive, smoke, or drink alcohol.

My ID is only ever used when I'm in a medical setting and they want to make sure they've got the right patient; in banks and similar places; and on the now extremely rare occasions I fly.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I don't drive but I tend to have my id on me where ever I go, and I've been asked for it in situations I wasn't expecting, like a dr office. One time I was with my daughter, who's 22, and her friend, who's 21, and I was buying wine for them only because it was a payback for a favor they did me. All three of us got carded (you can tell the kids have been trained, they have their id out and ready when buying the stuff lol) So they look at theirs, then look at mine.....and I get an "OH!" Like ...damn you're so ancient I'm sorry I carded you!

I didn't care for that
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

What annoys (and also amuses) me is when a petulant SC whines, "But I come here allll the time and you allllways ask me for ID!"

Well then, sugarcube, if you come here all the time and I always ID you, then aren't you a silly sausage for not having your ID ready? Seeing as I always ID you, and all.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Well then, sugarcube, if you come here all the time and I always ID you, then aren't you a silly sausage for not having your ID ready? Seeing as I always ID you, and all.
                              Thank you for that 'coffee up the nose' moment...

Comment

Working...
                              X