Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who threw the dog food, woof...woof...

Shopping

I wasn't working at Damily Follar, just shopping there. We had brought our cart to what we thought was the end of the line, until SC, with a 20 lb bag o' dog food threw it at the ground as if it had burst into flame. My wife and I decided, OK, let her go on ahead, but with a face dripping with venom and overall SC juice, sorta smiled and said in a sarcastic tone; "Oh nooooooo, youuuuuuu go ahead." So, we leave the line to look for more items and.... she...bitches.... that she's next! "I threw my dog food on the floor for nothing??" she wails. Um, yup, you did, bitch. Oh, by the way, The manager rang us up and we were out while you were still pissing and moaning at..someone.

Phone Phun

I werk (I spell it that way, as "werk" is the sound a hippo makes when it reguritates) at a call center. I've been with this company for years. Phun phone tip, I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE! You may call your family or friends and say "Hi, this is *name* wazzup?" But you call me, and go "Blargity! Eleventy! Fix it!". Ummm, who the frack are you? And when questioned if they know their account number, they almost always respond with a joyous and prideful "No I don't!"
    Me: "OK, what phone number did you give us?"
    SC: "My cell phone number, maybe?"
    Me: ......
    SC: ......
    Me: ....
    SC: ....
    Me: "And what would be that number?"
    SC: "1263498461965" in a rapid-fire response only the bionic man could type in.
    Me: "I have your account. Can you verify your name and PIN?"
    SC: "Mary, M...A...R...Y, and I don't know my PIN."
    Me: "Says your PIN is year of birth."
    SC: "I don't knoooooooooow that!"

First time reader, long time poster! No, wait, switch that.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Seriously? Who doesn't even know their own date of birth??? Maybe she needs to get a copy of her own birth certificate to find out, if she knows what a birth certificate is.

Comment

Lol. I'm not surprised. My fav from a couple decades ago was a man. We always had to ask for home phone number (scripted of course) and
      Caller: "I don't know what it is"
      Me: "Do you ever give your phone number to people?"
      Caller: "Of course"
      Me: "What number do you give them?"
      Caller: *Rattles off phone number which brings up correct info*

More fun than the guy who called me 30 times one night to beg me to let him be my slave (kept hanging up on everyone else, he was an ani match so we had fun. Sadly he was a few states away, I could have used a nice willing slave around then....)

Comment

LOL Teskeria, if only they would listen to the question as it is given. I didn't say, "Solve for X. If I was in a train heading west at 100 MPH, and the Earth stopped rotating, what year is it on Mars?"

Comment

Oh call center, how do I hate thee....they aren't enough words to articulate it, frankly.

Yes, I just love (read: hate/loathe/despite) people who think you're supposed to know who they are by the sound of their voice! I had a co-worker once who did support stuff for the outside sales people, and one of their regular clients took it extremely personally when my friend didn't recognize her voice. Customer became a mega-bitch from then on. It was ridiculous, as my friend had to deal with dozens of people on the phone, and as you know, after a while they all sound alike.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
            Seriously? Who doesn't even know their own date of birth??? Maybe she needs to get a copy of her own birth certificate to find out, if she knows what a birth certificate is.
            Or someone who is pretending to be them. I used to know my mom's soc and most of her passwords. Her year of birth always escapes me. Which is why people need to use special pins. Like mine is the day of my birth (23) and then square the 2 and the 3.

Comment

[COLOR="Cyan"][COLOR="Cyan"]
              Quoth static
              Another guy I know works in customer support for a major ISP, and he said that once a woman complained to him because they fixed her internet too quickly.
              Too quickly? In this age of Verruca Salt and the "give it to me NOW!!" mentality, how can anyone fix or do anything TOO quickly??

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                Lol. I'm not surprised. My fav from a couple decades ago was a man. We always had to ask for home phone number (scripted of course) and
                Caller: "I don't know what it is"
                Me: "Do you ever give your phone number to people?"
                Caller: "Of course"
                Me: "What number do you give them?"
                Caller: *Rattles off phone number which brings up correct info*
                One variation of that I would get when asking if the phone number wasn't printed on the check (way back when I first started working cash register in the grocery store biz) would be:

"I dunno. I don't call myself." (half the time followed by a har-har-har.)

My answer to that would be "I don't call myself either but I do know my home phone number in case of emergency."
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  One variation of that I would get when asking if the phone number wasn't printed on the check (way back when I first started working cash register in the grocery store biz) would be:

My answer to that would be "I don't call myself either but I do know my home phone number in case of emergency."
                  Yes I know you don't call yourself, but on the other hand, yours is the only number you're likely to be giving out to people. It's the only one I've memorised and for that exact purpose!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

And doesn't it feel just wonderful to make idiots like this feel like the idiots they are? And there's absolutely nothing they can say about it . . .

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
                      Yes I know you don't call yourself, but on the other hand, yours is the only number you're likely to be giving out to people. It's the only one I've memorised and for that exact purpose!
                      I always use that excuse when they ask for a work number or cell number. No, I don't know it, because I don't call myself. I also don't know it, because I don't want anyone to call me there. Seriously, I think only four people/entities have those numbers. 95% of the time, I don't answer my home number, either. Don't call me.
                      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Working...
                      X