This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    --When you watch a movie or tv, you are being disrespectful to the blind.
    --When you listen to music, you are being disrespectful to the deaf.
    --When you run for a bus, you are being disrespectful to the disabled.
    --When I drink a beer, I am being disrespectful to alcoholics.
    --When you have sex, you are being disrespectful to people who have no game and can't get laid.
    --When you eat your lunch, you are being disrespectful to the hungry.
    --When you spend time in your house, you are being disrespectful to the homeless.
    --When you work at your job, you are being disrespectful to the unemployed.
    --When you eat a steak, you are being disrespectful to vegetarians.
    --And when you have children, you are being disrespectful to those who cannot conceive.
    When you breathe, you are being disrespectful to the dead?

Yeah, some people's thought processes are just plain baffling.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Re: the OP--

Shit, if shaving part or all of your head is disrespectful to people whose hair is falling out, then damn, I've been disrespectful.

Except, oh wait, my hairline was receding so much and getting so thin on top that I shaved my head to just spare myself a few more years of haircuts with less and less value for my dollar.

Re: some follow-ups--

I'm always giddy to see my jokes (like "Rev that engine louder, I can't hear how small your dick is") pick up fans. So that PWNADE(TM) has caught on makes me happy.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Maybe she's related to the woman who complained about my pink hair and multicoloured fingernails when I was working at the shire horse farm. My boss there just told her that since I was shoveling shit, it didn't matter what colour my hair was as long as I did my job. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
          No, turning off a tv would be disrespectful to the blind.
          That actually makes more sense than the woman's logic in the OP.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Maybe she's related to the woman who complained about my pink hair and multicoloured fingernails when I was working at the shire horse farm. My boss there just told her that since I was shoveling shit, it didn't matter what colour my hair was as long as I did my job. XD
          Now THAT'S hilarious!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I had a boss once that got in a big snit over me shaving my head. I think it was because he was bald. He came and took me aside at work and demanded that as a condition of my continued employment, I wear a head covering such as a bandana at all times while on the clock (those were pretty much his exact words). I ended up quitting and moving a couple thousand miles over it. I didn't even shave my head on purpose; I was just using clippers and didn't know what I was doing and slipped, so I shaved my head because nothing else would look good. I had a rattail at the time...it became a que... And I'm female, so that might have had something to do with it, since he had male employees with shaved heads. They were in the kitchen, though, and had no contact with guests, but I was a housekeeper...
            Last edited by Dentarthurdent; 06-25-2012, 08:55 AM.
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

And his reason for demanding you wear that head covering was...what, exactly?

And I mean his STATED reason, not his ACTUAL reason of being a sexist asshole.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I have never understood this. Shopping is a simple three step process. You pick out the items you want, you pay for them and then you use them how you see fit. Where does griping about someone's personal appearance come into it? Why bring in things that aren't part of the process.

Comment

Well, yes and no. I could see a customer being offended if, say, an employee had their ass hanging out of their shorts, or was wearing a shirt that read "Go Fuck Yourself," or was wearing something with hateful, derogatory, or racist sayings on it. Or even if the employee were acting very unprofessional.

But to be offended by someone's HAIRSTYLE? Utterly fucking ridiculous.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Let's see, in the past 4-5 years I have had:

Full beard, shaved head
                    Full beard, scraggly fringe on top
                    No beard, scraggly fringe
                    No hair at all (chemo'll do that to ya)
                    Wispy and rather unsightly beard and fringe (currently)

No one ever gives me crap about it, even when I looked like Gollum. I have been known, however, to feign outrage when someone complains about hair problems. "Just be thankful that you have hair". No one ever mistakes it for real outrage, although my wife tends to slowly edge away from me. A lot.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      And his reason for demanding you wear that head covering was...what, exactly?

And I mean his STATED reason, not his ACTUAL reason of being a sexist asshole.
                      I didn't actually get as far as asking him before I quit the job in a much bigger snit than his. This was because (the same day) he arranged a meeting to discuss my "attitude" and then refused to show for it, after basically calling me a liar in front of another employee, who backed me up, which pissed him off even more, and I'd had enough of his crap that day.
                      "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                      Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        When you breathe, you are being disrespectful to the dead?
                        And when you think, you're being disrespectful to the stupid.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Every member of this site is being disrespectful to the stupid, pretty much because we have to deal with them just about every day.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            And when you think, you're being disrespectful to the stupid.
                            That made me quite literally laugh out loud.

Comment

I guess when I quilt I'm being disrespectful to those who cannot sew.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                                I guess when I quilt I'm being disrespectful to those who cannot sew.
                                Yes you are. There are those of us who lack that particular skill, you know, and here you are flaunting it in our faces. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Of course, I suppose I'm being disrespectful myself to the illiterate when I add yet another book to my ever-growing library.
                                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
                                X