This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback of Suck

Just for clarification, I've worked at McDs for a number of years now. I've witnessed so much crap over the years that it's difficult to remember everything, but every now and then I'll remember something.

Crazy Sundae Woman

This happened probably a year or so after I started the job. I had just learned how to use the till pretty recently, and I was still shy and skittish.

I was working at one of the WMT locations, which I enjoyed because it wasn't quite as busy as one of the bigger restaurants, and I could run out and buy something on my break if I wanted.

Anyway, a seemingly nice woman comes in and orders a sundae, pretty normal transaction. As soon as I hand it to her, she sticks it in a shopping bag with about $20 worth of brand new white socks. Of course, just being thrown in there, it tips and the lid comes off, spilling all over aformentioned socks.

She starts screaming that she wants her money back plus the 20 bucks she paid for the socks, and blames me for the lid being placed improperly. I knew damn well it wasn't my fault, but she was being an unreasonable cow and staring at me like I was trash, and being nervous I ran off and got the manager to deal with her.

Manager caves, gives her a refund plus the $20, bitch finally leaves. I feel pretty bad at this point but coworkers say not to worry about it, she's an idiot. I know I put the lid on properly, so screw her.

I'm a little more bitter these days, so I probably wouldn't give a damn if it happened now. Who throws a sundae into a freaking bag full of socks anyway?!

An idiot, that's who.

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Quoth McProletarian View Post
      Who throws a sundae into a freaking bag full of socks anyway?!
      Someone who then goes home and tosses her free $20 worth of socks into the washing machine. What a scam.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I should try that some day... get a new leather jacket, then go to a McDonnalds and proceed to smear my cheeseburger all over my jacket, and then go apeshit on them over it.
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Apparently they don't make detergent where she comes from.

You really have to be an idiot to throw a sundae into a bag on top of other stuff!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

She put the sundae with the socks . . . and the mismanager rewarded her?
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              That's the truly pathetic part ...

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                This is why the scammers and other SC's keep doing what they do... often enough, IT WORKS!
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X