This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Machine no good!"

I came on the floor to this after I clocked in, and had a pretty good view of the action as I was bagging on the next register over.

One of the new girls, J, was dealing with an old hag. Said hag was of an ethnicity that has gotten a reputation of sorts around here for being all-around EWs, and this was no different.

The 'lady' had two quarts of ice cream, a big bottle of Tums (which she kept calling "candy") and some produce that was on the expensive side even when on sale (which it wasn't this week). I think she only had $25 on her and only the ice cream was on sale. Even at 2/$7, that and the "candy" ate up most of her budget right away.

First she didn't want to pay that much for the grapes (I think they were $10-something even with the store card). She started having poor J remove grapes from the bag and re-weigh, until manager AN stopped it. Then started bitching about the rest of the produce. Of course artichokes are going to be expensive. No, we can't take off the pointy bits (yes, she did demand someone do this..if you want to pay $5 for an artichoke heart be my guest). Yes, those tomatoes really are $3/pound and you bought four pounds. I know you saw tomatoes on the reduced cart for $2, but there's nothing wrong with these so they are full price.

During all this she would stab a finger repeatedly at the register and at J (part of me was hoping that she did physically touch J, AN does not put up with that at all) repeating "That machine no good! Machine no good!" as if this would cause it to give her the prices she wanted.

The ice cream containers are sitting quietly sweating on the check writing platform. I go to bag it up, and get my hand slapped away. This is when AN steps in (he doesn't loom as obviously as N, but can be intimidating) and tells her that if she has paid she can leave or he will have her charged with assault.

Which she does, but not before demanding that someone go into the freezers and get her a new ice cream. One of the less-astute baggers did so with one, but the second stayed there (hey, she only said she wanted a new ice cream )

(I suspect the bagger put the unwanted one back into the freezer which is a no-no, unfortunately I didn't have the time to go find it)
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-26-2012, 01:01 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Someone should poke her in the head and say, "Brain no good!"

Comment

fuck that. she caused the delay herself. it's not your problem if her ice-cream melts

Comment

She should have been charged for the heat she used up letting the icecream melt.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
          Someone should poke her in the head and say, "Brain no good!"

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          fuck that. she caused the delay herself. it's not your problem if her ice-cream melts
          Exactly. SM would have gotten her two new ones, I'm kinda glad he didn't see the whole thing. It's hot out, frozen stuff gets warm, if you're that concerned about the frozen goods either get them LAST or bring an insulated bag. Indeed, 'brain no good' with this one.

Comment

$3.00 a lb for tomatoes???? Holy sh*t! Were those organic or something?

They're $1.99 here...and grapes are currently $1.49 a lb.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think they were organic "on the vine" tomatoes... The grapes aren't on sale this week, I think they're $2-something. She had stuffed the bag so it wouldn't even close; I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to argue for the Passover sale price which was $1/pound.

Comment

Working...
              X