This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SCs crawled out of the woodwork today

I work at a marina, which offers boat rentals, and repairs. You either get a woman who lets all hell loose over a leaf on her boat, or a man who was told we didn't have a boat for him, but at a discount he could get our utility boat (which, that year, I drove to work), and refused to take an alternate boat when he was called with one later.

Today must not have been a happy day in our little corner of vacationville, because I have three SCs today.

Are you kidding me?

A man brought one of our pontoon rentals back early. Why? His wife didn't want to lie on the carpet. The pontoon comes with furniture... one of which is literally a bed (if folded right.)

I'm not.

A man asked for our nicest, fastest pontoon for 24 hours. I quoted him 120+ deposit. His response?

SC: Are you kidding me?!

No. No I'm not. Shop around. We're still the cheapest by a LARGE margin. (Take our rates and at least double that, before deposit, and you get the next cheapest. EDIT: Just looked at their prices. 300+ dep)

Wasting our Time Charge

A man calls us three days after his boat goes into rentals. He asks for status, and I ask my boss who walks by really quick. I tell him the parts are on order.

The man asks for more information, so I tell him from the supplier. Neither he nor I know what it means, but he asked for more information and I supplied. He asked to talk to boss, who is running around like a mad-man, as usual. I say: "That is information I got directly from Boss."

He explains he has plans for this weekend, and wants his boat. Like a good saleswoman, I bring up the subject of our rentals. Repair customers can get them on extreme discounts, if, and only if, their repair has been in the queue for an excessive amount of time. (One man was offered a 'gas only' rental for our jetskiis, since his was a problem ski, and had been broken for months.) Being extra nice, I was going to offer him a discount, but he immediately cut in with: "Not gonna happen."

Right. Fine. I probably sounded a bit like a scammer there. No problem. We withold on fixing your boat, try to get a little extra money towards rentals. The truth is, we book up all the time. We have a few boats around mid-week, but that's about it. I was just trying to work with you.

I suggested calling back tomorrow around 4, when all parts were guaranteed to get in and unpacked, for a changed status.

He starts asking about alternate ways to get the part faster. I give up and hand him over to Boss, who then explains that he could order the part elsewhere, but it would still likely arrive tomorrow (like the part was going to, it turns out.)

Best part of this whole thing? Boss added a dollar a minute fee to his repair bill for this call. $15 extra. Plus, I know this guy well enough, despite being off yesterday (Cedar Point, whoo!) that I know he's had to call the day his repair came in for status.
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-27-2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: splitting up stories, exact rental rate for comp.

Quoth Cooper View Post
    Best part of this whole thing? Boss added a dollar a minute fee to his repair bill for this call. $15 extra.
    Woohoo! Your boss rocks! I bet my boss wishes he could do this!
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
    X