This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Photos From My Trip

Sorry it took so long. I've had a lot going on and it slipped my mind...repeatedly.

First photo was taken in Beijing. It's a super cool building with rainbow lights.

Second was taken on Beijing from the bus window. Beijing is WAY overpopulated and the pedestrians basically mix with traffic and vice versa. You see cars on the sidewalk and people in the streets. The locals have it down to a science it seems because I only saw one minor fender bender the whole time I was there. No one became road-kill.

Third is also Beijing from the bus window. Cars are expensive and very difficult to obtain so many people opt for public transportation, mopeds or bikes. Honestly, I saw a family of 4 riding on a single moped; Dad driving, Mom behind him, Junior between Dad's knees holding the baby. This guy McGyverd a cart for his bike and stuck hid girlfriend on it. I thought it was funny.

Fourth is the Forbidden City. This is where the Emperor lived with his wife, kids and concubines when China had an Emperor. The roofs are actually covered in gold and the buildings are decorated in gold flake. The Empress's sheets are embroidered with gold. Clearly, they were modest, down to earth people who appreciated the little things in life. Way in the back on the hill is the Emperor's summer palace where he can relax from all that hard emperor work.

Fifth is the CCTV building. The locals refer to it as the "Big Underwear Building" because it looks like a big ol' pair of undies. It was designed to be unique and cool.
    Attached Files
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Sixth is, obviously, the Great Wall. It was BEAUTIFUL! And surprisingly very steep to climb. In some parts, there was a 55 degree incline and that was on the "easy" side. Some of the men chose the "hard" side and had to climb up an almost 80 degree incline!

Seventh is scenery from Yichang (Ee-ch-ah-ng). It was much less industrialized than Beijing and had a lot more forests, mountains, farms and rivers.

Eighth is the Old Town in Shanghai. It's a shopping utopia; crowded but beautiful.
    Attached Files
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

What beautiful pictures!!

Comment

Working...
      X