This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meal advice?

I'm going on an 8 hour drive to the beach this Tuesday, along with 3 dogs.

We want to make good time, and plan on packing a lunch to eat somewhere along the road rather then getting out at a restaurant and leaving the poor dogs in the car, even with the windows down.

normally I'd pack some sammiches and fresh fruit with some drinks.

but mom's on this new diet, no dairy, no gluten, meat ok.

any suggestions? we're taking coolers to take food with us, so keeping something cool/cold will be no issue, but no way to heat something if we stop at like a rest stop.

its not an allergy on those dietary requirements, just a diet change.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Well you can take some sliced ham. Basically sandwich meat without the bread. If you like things like spam, you can take some cans of that also. Chilled berries would fit the profile also, maybe some melon sliced up in cubes. Grapes can be thrown in, maybe some raisins. There are a lot of choices for food that should be served cold.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I've got watermelon, and canatlope, I'm making some everything but the kitchen sink cookies (for me mostly), bottles of water for mom and Gatorade for me.

I think a "cold cut platter" wouldn't be a bad idea, something easy to eat, little/no mess. platter being something I throw together rather then something fancy being put together by the grocery store.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

A lot of fruit and berries taste great chilled.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Lettuce wraps would make a nice hand held container for your cold cuts. Corn tortillas work as well.
          My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

If you are in the USA there are these meals called Go Picnic. They are meat free and gluten free. Most are dairy free as well.

Comment

Working...
            X