This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi

So, I've just acquired access to one of these little wonders and will be learning how to use it.

Anyone else got one, and if so what are you using it for?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

I'm DYING to get one. I'm sure you'll love it.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

All the widgets needed arrived in the post today, I really couldn't be faffed to swap my keyboard/mouse between my desktop and the Pi every time I wanted to use the other.

Currently reading Pi for Dummies and the Haynes Manual for it - not really sinking in, I'm probably going to have to just get stuck in I think!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Time, time, I need time!

I'm currently using mine as a media centre, occasionally. I do have Raspbian on another card but rarely boot it other than to update.
        It's tradition, or an old charter, or something!

Comment

Did you get the NOOBS software for it?

If not, stick Raspbian on an SD card and start from there. The great thing is that "learning by doing" is just as good an idea with this thing as with the old 8-bit micros.

The MagPi e-zine is a good source of ideas, too.

Comment

I'm probably going to get one for a media centre when I get my own place. I don't really have to tool around with it right now so I've been holding off.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

my brain function good but leave out words. that should say "time" to tool around with one right now.
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I've actually had one for awhile now, but am not yet sure what I'm gonna do with it, or exactly what I'd accomplish. Being a keyboard nerd, I'd like to use it as a sort of synthesizer, but that has yet to pan out. Really should get back to messing around with it...
                -Adam
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
                X