Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Doctor speculation thread. (Spoilers, and sadness, inside.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that was the one on Showtime, I missed it, as I don't have that channel. If that was the one where Captain Jack meets his grandson, I saw it. And if that's it, which part did 12 play?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

And by the way, is anyone else picturing Tennant or Smith grumbling in private, muttering, "*I* didn't get my own introductory special...."

Or Eccleston sitting there, looking at the tv, thinking, "Hell, I brought this series back from the dead, and HE gets his own special, just to say 'Hello, world!'?!?!?"

Still A Customer."

Comment

No, the Starz series was season 4, and Children of Earth was season 3

He played the main government guy who liaisons with the 456.
        Last edited by DaDairyDruid; 08-06-2013, 03:40 AM.
        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
        Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
        Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Children of Earth was the five parter with Jack's grandson, right?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yes, the very tragic 5 parter
            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Or Eccleston sitting there, looking at the tv, thinking, "Hell, I brought this series back from the dead, and HE gets his own special, just to say 'Hello, world!'?!?!?"
              I can't really feel too sorry for Eccleston. He was brilliant as the Doctor and could have easily had a 4+ year run, but he refused to do more than one season because he was afraid he'd be typecast for the rest of his career (meanwhile David Tennant continues to be awesome with numerous non-Doctor roles).
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Oh, I don't feel sorry for him. He wrote his own dance card. But I still love imagining the three previous Doctors' reaction to the hoopla around 12's intro.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Capaldi played Frobisher in Children of Earth.

Excuse me while I go shiver now. That miniseries was brutal.

*brrrrr*
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                    I can't really feel too sorry for Eccleston. He was brilliant as the Doctor and could have easily had a 4+ year run, but he refused to do more than one season because he was afraid he'd be typecast for the rest of his career (meanwhile David Tennant continues to be awesome with numerous non-Doctor roles).
                    Not true, unfortunately. Eccleston got in a fight with the BBC. http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/doctor-wh...uit-doctor-who

BBC is still all "oh he didn't want typecast", because...well....read Eccleston's interview. Holy cow, he burnt them hard.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Matt Smith did get announced in an introductory show. Just not in front of a live studio audience and not broadcast on three continents simultaneously.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I must have missed it. Or they didn't air it here in America. Or I just wasn't paying attention because I didn't give a shit. Take your pick.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I hate to say it, but you really didn't miss anything special. I love Dr. Who, but the special was not so special. Would have been better served being a 30 minute pre-show thing for an actual episode.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                          X