This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
    What a beautiful thing you all did for your mom! And, I must say, Amina, you look HAWT with your hair all gone!
    Trying to decide if Im going to let it grow out or not. The response to the buzz has been overwhelming.

Though Im pretty sure I got my first non-direct "Are you a lesbian?" question yesterday...Silly rabbits. Haircuts don't determine sexuality.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      Haircuts don't determine sexuality.
      Or a number of other things.

Amazing how often people assumed, when I had long hair, that I smoked cigarettes (never), smoked pot (almost never), did drugs (rarely and only recreationally) or was a dropout loser (was attending a university at the time, while also working). Or that I was a headbanger (I liked metal, but was far more a classic rock guy).

Amazing how many invalid stereotypes people project on others just from their hairstyle!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Ye GODS woman, you're gorgeous with a buzz! I could never pull it off (far too much of a White Chick), but I've always been envious of women who can.

I say both you and your mom need combat boots. It's necessary for ass-kicking, at which you both (obviously) excel.

Comment

Chiming in with how awesome you look with a buzz! I couldn't pull it off, but I've got a bit of a "lesbian" cut myself - moreso since my last haircut a few days ago. It's hilarious since at least half the lesbians I know (which is a lot) have longer hair than me.

Kudos to you for being so brave and supporting your mom this way!
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

It's growing in fast. I fear I will soon be at an awkward growing out stage. My moms patches are also growing in. I made fun of her today. She has a Friar Tuck thing going on. Lol. Thank God she has a sense of humor.

Comment

Wanted to throw this in real quick. My hair was too long to do this before but I present to you...my blonde ness. it's at a good length. I haven't re trimmed anything just yet. Waiting to see if it will curl up on me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                Wanted to throw this in real quick. My hair was too long to do this before but I present to you...my blonde ness. it's at a good length. I haven't re trimmed anything just yet. Waiting to see if it will curl up on me.
                I like it, it is a good length, I used to have hair that short when I was a machinist.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  I present to you...my blonde ness.
                  Got to this part in your post and thought back to the original pics and thought "Oh dear, this is gonna be awful."

But it so is not! Absolutely rockin' You picked a good shade. How's Mom's coming along?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    Got to this part in your post and thought back to the original pics and thought "Oh dear, this is gonna be awful."

But it so is not! Absolutely rockin' You picked a good shade. How's Mom's coming along?
                    Mom is doing AWESOMe thanks so much for asking.

Shes about half way through her chemo tx and will start radiation in October. She's completely bald now, shaved her head to the skin since the hair that was remaining was causing her so much pain. Apparently, that's a normal chemo side effect. Down about 10 pounds too, so we buy her to eat whatever tickles her fancy. Shes just not hungry alot and forcing her to eat causes her to vomit. But we're keeping an eye on her.

Day 2 as a blonde. Its a little more yellow that i would have liked, but not too crazy that I look like a highlighter or anything.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                      Mom is doing AWESOMe thanks so much for asking.

Shes about half way through her chemo tx and will start radiation in October. She's completely bald now, shaved her head to the skin since the hair that was remaining was causing her so much pain. Apparently, that's a normal chemo side effect. Down about 10 pounds too, so we buy her to eat whatever tickles her fancy. Shes just not hungry alot and forcing her to eat causes her to vomit. But we're keeping an eye on her.
                      I found ice cold fruit the easiest to eat and keep down - grapes, canteloup and watermelon chunks [with the seeds picked out] applesauce and plums [the really nice sweet tart ones] all of which also tend to be fairly calorie rich. I found anything with a fat content like meat gave me nausea issues. My doc team went through 5 or 6 different anti-emetics and ended up with good old phenergan suppositories and candied ginger for when it wasn't so bad. I went through some serious amounts of fruit. I still have a fondness for ice cold fruit when I am sick. We keep a selection of the little single serve fruit cups in the fridge now.

Rob was able to stay home with me for the first month, but after that his leave was up, so he used to get a bunch of small tupperware containers and fill them with the cut up fruit and whatever else I thought I could keep down, and he would leave a picnic cooler of goodies and a thermos of ice water with me when he went off to the sub. [His command were great, all the guys swapped duty days with him so he didn't stand duty overnight for the next couple of months - though after that his weekends were soaked up with paying back the swapped time.]
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        Mom is doing AWESOME
                        Good to hear.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        Isuppositories and candied ginger
                        Having these so close in the same sentence makes me squirm a bit.

As for the rest, wow. What a great group of guys. I've found that service people really step up when needed, but that's really touching. (Yeah, not all angels, I know, but as a whole...)

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          She's completely bald now, shaved her head to the skin since the hair that was remaining was causing her so much pain. Apparently, that's a normal chemo side effect.
                          Dumb question, but how does hair cause pain with chemo treatments?
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                            Dumb question, but how does hair cause pain with chemo treatments?
                            Its a random side effect with some people. the patches she had left were so painful that she had to keep her head wrapped to even sleep. She was barely able to lay her head on the pillow but having her head wrapped seemed to help, if only a little. Her head is pain free now that she's shaved. Mostly just achy joins and nausea at this point.

Accounting Drone, Thanks for the tips! shes always been a fruit lover. Ill see if I can convince her to let me freeze it. Hope youre doing well.

Comment

Working...
                            X