This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany, VT Volunteer Fire Dept. burned in a set fire

My local volunteer fire dept.'s station was set on fire at 1:15am on August 11, 2013. We lost one truck as that was what was set on fire and are waiting to see how damaged the others are. We have also lost bunker gear and firefighting equipment.
    We arrived at our station soon after the call (thank goodness for the alarm going right to dispatch), but were unable to do much to save our own station other than spraying a couple of fire extinguishers on the fire because almost all our gear was trapped inside. Thankfully Mutual Aid arrived quickly and put out the fire.

pictures of the aftermath:
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1002350_563900560333661_1437619591_n.jpg
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...09921512_n.jpg
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-13-2013, 01:58 AM. Reason: fixed the linkage

The karma I wish on those responsible is simply not printable here. Hope you folks recoup quickly. And thanks for the work you do.

Comment

While it is bad enough that they destroyed the property, it is made worse by the fact that they have deprived the community of this of this invaluable service. I hope they catch them.

Looks like you dropped the "jpg" from the end of the first link.
      https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...37619591_n.jpg
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

First link is broken, needs the jpg added.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Wow....hopefully your dept has good insurance.....and that they catch the fucker who set the fire. Arson is bad enough, but setting the fire department on fire, and thus putting the entire community at risk? That takes a truly special kind of shithead.....

<MOD HAT>Guys, broken links are what the REPORT BUTTON is for.</MOD HAT>
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Has anyone set up any kind of campaign to help raise funds to replace what was lost?

Perhaps someone could/should set up an indiegogo campaign with photos of the damage caused and plug the heck out of it to try to raise the funds to replace what was lost - goodwill causes are generally well received on crowdfunding sites.
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

News story on the fire.

Looks like a neighboring department will be helping out, which is good.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X