This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is NatetheChops, and I'm a Minecraft Addict

I blame my brother. He got me hooked. I spent my whole day off yesterday building a home in the ground, then building a small mining house in a mountain to mine ore and coal.

Fortunately, even if I become one of those guys who becomes so engrossed with a game that he forgets to eat it would be about a month before I was in any real danger.

Any other Minecraft players on the forum?

Yep, I play. One friend decided to run a server because he mistakenly thought I played...we decided to give it a try and fell in love with it. Sadly, out of all of the folks who gave it a try, we're among the only ones who actually stayed...we consider it our "primary" world.

4 online servers, 2 more I run, and way too many singleplayer/LAN worlds to count...yup, I'm addicted.
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I've been playing it for about two months now.

Comment

I've been playing since the game was still in beta. I still remember my first time dying. It happened within the first five minutes of playing and was because I got too close to a lava pit.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

And I am about to maginfy that addiction.

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

You think you could make weird stuff before? Just wait until you install mods.

(just avoid the modding community if you can help it. "Acid" is the best description I can give)
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yup, FTB is awesome ^^
            Been playing for quite some time, I'm a builder myself

Comment

Play Minecraft and watch Yogscast ^^ although I do more building in Creative Mode than playing in Survival Mode.
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I play off and on. Legos weren't my thing as a kid unless I was building something to play house with. Or murder mystery. Or whatever scenario I was doing. >.>

Kabe plays more, and I'll play with him mostly. But his comp won't run the game anymore.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I also play off and on.

There's a reason why it's sometimes referred to as "mine crack"

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My 3 eldest don't play as much because:

a) Ubuntu 13 removed the ability to run a .sh file from the desktop (what the bloody hell is THAT about anyway??)
                    b) The eldest cannot be arsed to remember ./Desktop/minecraft/minecraft.sh
                    c) I apparently have not been updating the server/client often enough... or updating FTB often enough, I've lost count.

Before all that it was definitely minecrack around these parts. I expect it to start back up again around school time.
                    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                    And it's not what I wanted to be
                    The weight on me
                    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Yeah from time to time on Creative so I can build to my heart's desire and just blow up spawned villagers in a room of TNT
                      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Nate -- I recommend the Hexxit mod, and Chococraft...
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                          Yeah from time to time on Creative so I can build to my heart's desire and just blow up spawned villagers in a room of TNT
                          On Voltz, I have a creative mode server that's purely for testing the various explosives. My favorite is the red matter one.
                          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                            On Voltz, I have a creative mode server that's purely for testing the various explosives. My favorite is the red matter one.
                            I cheat and do stuff like build a room of glass and fill the open spaces between the glass and walls with lava lol that is my most recent project
                            ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Yeah, I like to play around in Creative for the most part, but I've done some Survival now and then.

I mostly get my Minecraft fix by watching Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft videos. They have various challenges-- the first few videos featured the most basic of premises ("Dig down to bedrock. First one there wins." or "Craft a diamond sword.") but now they build obstacle courses or much more specific challenges. (Like "Wolf Spa"-- they start at one end of their map, aggro a wolf, and have it chase them to the other end of the map, where they have to lure the wolf into a small pool, then have it chase them back to the starting point.) They play the Xbox 360 version.

Geoff-- the team leader. He comes up with the challenges and hosts the games.
                              Gavin-- the co-leader. He often helps Geoff build the challenges and courses.
                              Jack-- Frequently the butt of some jokes, but surprisingly capable of pulling out wins
                              Michael-- Probably the weakest player with the least experience in Minecraft, prone to angry outbursts, but also very capable of pulling out wins.
                              Ryan-- The most recent addition to their team, not as many wins under his belt.
                              Ray-- The best player, with his own quirks. He never starts a challenge without a rose in his inventory, and he has a strong aversion to cake.

Most of their Let's Plays are set in their "Achievement City" map. They have a "hub" where they all have houses, and they've built various structures and courses throughout the map to play their games. They're often in competition now for what they call "The Tower of Pimps." (A four blocks of gold stacked on top of each other.) The winner displays the Tower of Pimps in front of their house in the map.

The coolest thing I've seen them do, however, was re-create the Nether in the map and then create "Dark Achievement City." Like the Legend of Zelda "Dark World," they have their houses built identically (apart from cosmetically) as in the overworld, even the Achievement Hunter logo in the square.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X