This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    I mostly get my Minecraft fix by watching Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft videos.
    I've been watching "Stampy's lovely world" by Stampylonghead on youtube and its kinda cool to watch him build from scratch but some videos are so long its hard to watch it all.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 07-22-2013, 10:25 PM. Reason: excessive quoting
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

I haven't played much Minecraft recently; after doing some huge projects, I've just occasionally been fooling around with some of the newer stock features.

Comment

At the moment I can't do a heck of a lot with mods. It won't play on my home PC, so I had to use a friend's. Tried downloading and installing the latest java update to see if that was the reason, but for some reason the title screen still won't even show up.

So, I keep it on a flash drive and play it elsewhere until I can afford an upgrade. I'll consider it a barrier to the worst of the "addiction".

Comment

I was playing regularly from the Beta up through version 1.4 or 1.5, at which point the updates apparently became too advanced for my 8-year-old PC.

At some point I'll be able to afford a new computer and I'll be able to play games other than Audiosurf again.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

My boyfriend LOVES watching tobuscus.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I play sometimes, but my computer is a little finicky and I have to run it on fast graphics, no clouds, and short render distance or the game is unplayable. Even with all of that I still get some bad lag spikes. It's better though if I play in a flat world, there isn't as much an issue. My brother however has an actual gaming computer and can play with all the bells and whistles. So naturally he's a complete addict.
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Definite addict here. I only play in survival mode though, creative's just lego without the challenge.
                I've built a fortified village, turned a mountain into a giant sword embedded in the ground and created a floating island with a volcano over a swamp. Once I get my project to a self-sustaining level though, I tend to lose interest and start a new place instead.
                I only have a laptop though, so have to run optifine to reduce the lag. It's a good mod, increases view distance and general graphics without losing performance.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                  On Voltz, I have a creative mode server that's purely for testing the various explosives. My favorite is the red matter one.
                  Eeeee hee hee hee hee The half-hour long panic-fest that the Yogscast did with the Red Matter Bomb was so funny we use it as standard entertainment.

"I only wanted a little copper!"

"This will EAT THE WORLD!!"
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                    Eeeee hee hee hee hee The half-hour long panic-fest that the Yogscast did with the Red Matter Bomb was so funny we use it as standard entertainment.

"I only wanted a little copper!"

"This will EAT THE WORLD!!"

Oh gosh. The first time I watched it (because I have since watched it at least three more times), I was laughing so hard that I thought I was gonna die. My experience went...just about the same as theirs, actually. I had to send a copy of that server to a friend of mine to fix it because I couldn't deactivate the damn thing.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Thank you, Nate. This thread prompted me to get back into Minecraft again last night. While I have both the PC and Xbox 360 version, I tend to prefer the PC version since I'm usually having Netflix on in the background on the 360. And I can only really play it about an hour before memory bugs start popping up and messing with the interface.

I loaded up a map of mine that started me out in a jungle biome. On previous playings, I'd already set up a small stone house over a mine, with another mine nearby. As I explored the mine under my house, I remembered what happened the last time I'd played. I'd been hearing zombie moans, and had dug trying to find the cave-- and promptly fell a good long way. I started piling up dirt blocks to escape-- but then a skeleton archer nailed me and knocked me off and I plummeted to my death. So first order of business? Plug that hole.

I found another mine with some iron ore in some brief explorations, and decided to build a tree house. I found a good tall tree, climbed to the top on the vines that grow EVERYWHERE in the jungle biome, hacked away the leaves and made a nice flat surface, put up some stone, and set to work building a little house. I had to make a ladder, since climbing up vines is problematic at times. But I got a forge, workbench, and chest up in that tree house. I put stone down because it was what I had, but I think I'll be replacing it with wood planks soonish.

I died again when I explored that mine with the iron in it. I was putting down torches to keep it lit as I went along, and saw a skeleton come out of the darkness on the next level down. I hopped down to give it what-for-- and then a zombie walked up... and a creeper turned up as well. And unfortunately, it had been a two-block drop, so I couldn't jump up and escape.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My friends got it for my last year for my birthday and i really enjoyed playing it. However, they had been playing for a while, and only wanted to do mods. So we played a lot of tekkit which resulted in two issues.
                        1) Them getting mad at me because I was playing Tekkit like vanilla Minecraft, but with some machinary.
                        2) When I got my new laptop with Windows 8 (Old one broke, parents bought me this one as a gift) it won't run tekkit.

But yeah, I love playing minecraft. I wish I could play it more. but I like playing multiplayer more than single player, and all of my friends only want to play tekkit.
                        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Maybe if Raps or someone else with good computer geekery experience is willing, we should make a Minecraft/Tekkit server. (I have a Tekkit launcher although for some stupid reason, it keeps borking itself whenever I load it)

Comment

A CS.com minecraft server would be awesome
                            fireheart have you tried reinstalling tekkit?

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                              A CS.com minecraft server would be awesome
                              fireheart have you tried reinstalling tekkit?
                              I'll give it a shot when I'm with my partner next. Part of the issue is also that his server is down for god knows what reason, meaning I either need to do creative or screw it.

Comment

I just started watching the "Lets Play Minecraft" videos and rediscovered that I really do want to play the game again. However the laptop I have really cant play it all that well without major lag. So sadly I just have to idly watch someone else play and try to make good notes.

Hopefully soon I can afford something better and be able to play again.

Comment

Working...
                                X