X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
    Thank you, Nate.
    I live to serve.

In order to manage the addictive nature of the game, I'm only playing it at the college library in my days off from work until the school year starts. By then I plan to upgrade my own computer. I'm not sure if the 360 version appeals to me, as I would have to buy both the 360 and the TV. (I use my computer to watch DVDs)

Tomorrow is a Minecraft day. When last I left the game, I was puzzling over whether I should move towards the forest biome and try to harvest more sheep, or if I should try to get inside this cave that's crawling with skeletons and zombies for the little bit of ore that I can see from the mouth.

Comment

Obviously, the Xbox 360 version doesn't support mods, and each world is limited to a set amount of space. (There are invisible boundaries at the edges of the map.) This means you can't just go hunting for the biome you want, because you might not have it.

But it also means you don't have to worry too much about not having the processing power to run it. Granted, if you go exploring, it may take the world a bit to "catch up" and finish loading the world for you, but that's a minor quibble, imho.

I started re-doing my treehouse last night. Took down all the stone walls and put up jungle wood planks (since there's no shortage of wood around me) and putting up torches to keep the dark-dwelling mobs away. I may have to put in some additional ladders, since right now there's just the one.

Already, however, I have builder's remorse. In some of my explorations, I found another tree on an island in the middle of a lake not too far away. That, by itself, seems like an infinitely cooler place to make a treehouse.

Now I think I'll have to build another one over there. Guess I'll have to get some dirt and build a sky-bridge over to that tree to set up shop... and figure out how I wanna lay out my cool new treehouse... sigh.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I had a nice little setup myself, but absolutely NO freaking cows anywhere close. So I had to move to where I KNEW some were.

Those bastards are crafty and love to not be penned in. D<
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          I had a nice little setup myself, but absolutely NO freaking cows anywhere close. So I had to move to where I KNEW some were.

Those bastards are crafty and love to not be penned in. D<
          Cows? I got cows popping up all over the place in the jungle. Chickens too. And leopards.

It's SHEEP that I need. I need to build a bed.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

You can have my sheep then. I had enough of those around, but just no cows. Save 4 or so up on a hill with trees, which is an area I moved to. Had to put dirt down in half a lake to make a garden/pen area for my Chocobo and a cow. Hopefully I can herd the genius cows in...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I've noticed that on separate maps it always seems to be either cows or sheep that are rare and hard to find. It's really odd. I've never seen a shortage of chickens or pigs or now even horses, just cows or sheep. I wonder?
              "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

So I've found my iPhone can play minecraft. Now i just need to get a iTunes card to get the full version.

Comment

So, baddish news, it turns out my game did not save to my flashdrive like I thought it would. I started over thinking, what the heck, it's keeping me sane. When I lost all of my stuff because of a damn near immortal zombie I gave up altogether and started trying out the multiplayer.

I've been getting blasted away in the Hunger Games Survival modes, but man it's fun.

Comment

I began the trek to build a dirt bridge from the roof of my current tree house over to the tree on the lake island last night. There were many falls to the ground at first, and a couple of run-ins with skeleton archers (armed with MAGIC BOWS if the coloration on them is any indication) in my rush to get back to the safety of my tree house at night. Once I was over the lake, though, I stopped worrying about fall damage.

Made it to the island tree, but just as I got there, my game ran out of memory and it crashed. So I may need to re-do some bridge building tonight, not to mention harvest some more wood to make planks and sticks for torches and ladders.

Comment

I play too. Everytime I find a PvP survival server that allows griefing outside of protected areas (like towns and stuff) it goes under within a few months of me starting there.

I prefer multiplayer, and while I don't PvP (unless attacked) I like the risk of it in the game.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        I
                        Made it to the island tree, but just as I got there, my game ran out of memory and it crashed.
                        Take some screenshots of that if you can, cause it sounds awesome.

Comment

I'll try to take some screen shots tonight.

My plan gets more and more elaborate with each time I load up the game. First I was going to build a big elaborate tree-house on that island, but now I'm going to build like a network of tree houses instead, because I saw some other great house-supporting trees not too far away. So if I build a bridge over to there, and one back to the original, I'll have three interconnected tree-houses.

Once I hit on that idea, I started building up my island tree house to three levels, so I could reach the dirt bridge to the original tree-house. I then built an additional level to the original tree-house, just because.

I seem to be getting more "elite" hostile mobs than I've usually gotten. Besides that skeleton archer who had a magic bow, I've seen zombies wearing armor as well. Fortunately, they're all waaay down on the ground, while I'm safely up in my tree houses.

I also aggro'd an Enderman last night by looking at it, but he was waaay down on the ground, and couldn't slenderport his way up to me. I could hear that angry buzzing static noise, but they couldn't reach me. Eventually the Enderman just went away.

I should note, of course, that I'm playing this in Survival mode, so I do have to periodically go harvest more wood or stone to make tools and get building materials.

My tree-houses are very bare-bones right now. Just floors, walls, open windows, torches and either a ladder or stairs. (No real need for glass in the windows since I'm well out of reach of archers.) I have a furnace in one of them, and chests and workbenches in both. I have my original stone house still down on the ground, which I'm mostly keeping so I can mine stone from underneath it. I don't have enough wool yet to build a bed.

Comment

The kids at work are REALLy into minecraft as well.

In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that I had to make up an activity for the younger kids (who struggled with making the minecraft characters), we have these nets of various minecraft characters that you can cut out and fold to make models of them. My suggestion also included a minecraft BOX.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

So I took some screenshots of my Tree Houses project tonight. I put them in my imgur account.

Here's a link to the album I set up: Jay 2K's Minecraft.

Comment

That's awesome Jay. I actually joined a multiplayer server and I began doing something very similar. First I built the standard shelter, then I began adding little "rooms" to the tops of some of the trees closest to my place.

I've also begun building various traps for anyone who might like to check out my place but has the tenancy to try to touch what doesn't belong to them. I'll try the screen capping thing on my next Minecraft day, which may be Monday if nothing else comes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X