This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth roothorick View Post
    Why behind though? If they're all in the same velcro does it matter which cable is where in the bundle?
    Odds are you're going to be dealing with the older cables than you are the newer ones. If you have to replace another old cable, it's easier to have it at the front than at the back.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

some people don't appreciate/spend money on good cable managment. but look what you end up with if you don't.

Last edited by Dips; 11-19-2010, 05:19 PM. Reason: moved images so everyone wouldn't have to scroll side to side to read the rest of the thread

Comment

ours doesn't quite look as bad as the ones on the left or right pics, but its worse than the one in the middle.

i'd post a pic if i had a way of transferring it from my phone to the comp at work, i'll try and do it tonight

That said I don't go in the server room as I'm not tech support (doesn't stop everybody and their mother comign to me for tech help though)
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Dear fuzzy Lord. I've rarely had to deal with servers and I've still got an eye-twitch of disgusted disbelief at those pics, Hibble.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            He didn't run it through the rack as he should have, but just ran the line directly from connection to connection.

^-.-^
            i learned that the hard way when having people help me run cat-5. they had no idea it had to be neat and they ran it under a giant pipe instead of taking the effort to run it over.

and omg tools...
            my workshop had a couple of pairs of crimpers for cat-5 & phone cords, but i hated using them because they rarely worked properly. i ended up getting a set of radio shack crimpers that never failed me. i rarely let any one else use them... mainly because i knew they'd be lazy and chuck them in with the ship's crappy equipment - and from there they might grow legs and run away. one of the few guys i trusted to use them properly got scolded when he put them with the ship's gear, but he at least apologized and never did that again.

Comment

Working...
            X