Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next Doctor speculation thread. (Spoilers, and sadness, inside.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Doctor speculation thread. (Spoilers, and sadness, inside.)

So with the horrible, horrible announcement from BBC today....who do you think the next Doctor will be? Who do you think would make a fantastic Doctor?

I know the big theory right now is Hurt, but...seems too obvious for me. There's gotta be a twist to this.

I'd dearly love to see either Freeman or Cumberbatch be the Doctor, but they're both tied up with other shows and movies...so I don't see that happening.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

I would like to see a bit of a repeat of what they did with Matt. Someone who, unless you've seen his or her (because, you never know, the next regeneration might be a woman) work prior to Who, is an unknown. The potential problem with a big-name actor like Cumberbatch or even Freeman is that they are too...known. They come with the baggage that is their more/most popular roles.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

This is why I never read celebrity or entertainment news.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, this sucks.

He's my favorite Doctor ever.

And I would have to hear this while I'm watching a DW marathon on Netflix starting with the first Matt Smith episode.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I like Smith, but I'm not as upset with him leaving as I was Tennant. But that's me.

As for the next Doctor, he or she should be a ginger at least
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
            I like Smith, but I'm not as upset with him leaving as I was Tennant. But that's me.
            Agreed, but I'd finally started to really like him.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I think Hurt would be a) too easy and b) a little too old/creepy to have travelling round with the young girls that tend to be part of Who folklore. I really hope it's a relative unknown, as were Smith and Tennant when they began.

And I'm with the Tennant fans, but I had also come to like Smith a lot more than I ever expected I would.
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post

As for the next Doctor, he or she should be a ginger at least
                Ginger woman would be great
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                  I think Hurt would be a) too easy and b) a little too old/creepy to have travelling round with the young girls that tend to be part of Who folklore. I really hope it's a relative unknown, as were Smith and Tennant when they began.

And I'm with the Tennant fans, but I had also come to like Smith a lot more than I ever expected I would.
                  I liked Tennant, but no where near as much as Smith.

William Hartnell was the oldest (and first) doctor, and there was no creepy factor with him. Then again, his first two human Companions were married.

I do find Hurt to be a bit creepy just on general principles. I always thought he made a better villain than hero. I keep seeing Adam Sutler from V for Vendetta.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My husband made a point of calling me at work so he could tell me and help me through my grief about this before I saw it on FB. I really liked 9, 10, & 11 each for different reasons and I will miss Matt. I'm sure they'll handle the regeneration and subsequent new doctor the same way they have in the past, wonderfully.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                      William Hartnell was the oldest (and first) doctor, and there was no creepy factor with him. Then again, his first two human Companions were married.
                      Oh, I agree! Sorry, I should have specified that I was talking about in the current era when there is a lot more awareness (perhaps too much) of the dangers associated with younger women/older men.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Personally I'm no longer shocked when actors leave Who. I liked Smith, I weathered the storm that was Tennant leaving. I'd like to see how they handle The Valeyard and the fact they are nearing the end of the Doctor's regenerations.
                        Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Quoth paintballworker View Post
                          ... nearing the end of the Doctor's regenerations.
                          They'll force the issue. "These are not the regenerations you are looking for."
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Rumor has it, Chiwetel Ejiofor has been shortlisted for the part - he'd be the first black Doctor.
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                              Rumor has it, Chiwetel Ejiofor has been shortlisted for the part - he'd be the first black Doctor.
                              Annnd Browncoats all over the net would immediately start speculating on a Who/Firefly crossover, given that The Doctor would be The Operative.

Nevermind that there was already a fanfic crossing over Firefly with Who. (And done very well.)
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X