Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you're so gorgeous you even look good with a buzz.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

With the love and support you and your family are showing, your mom's cancer doesn't stand a chance.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

DUDE! Keep your hair short, you look amazing!

Sending your mom loads of love and happy thoughts!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Amazing what you're doing! Lots of love from the Keys for you and your family.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          I got really cold this evening.
          I could have predicted that. While I've never shaved my head, I still remember when I shaved off my first goatee...that day, riding my bike to work, my face was freezing from the wind!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Wow, you're so gorgeous you even look good with a buzz.
            Yeah, right? Or, especially with a buzz cut.

Thanks for the update and piccys Amina. Bet you can't stop rubbing it at this point.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              There's also Pantene Beautiful Lengths and Wigs for Kids. My wife regularly grows and donates. There was a (minor) controversy concerning Locks of Love, but their rebuttal seems pretty legit to me. Be mindful that their primary focus is on children with alopecia, whereas Pantene's is on women with cancer. If you go that route, tell your clipper ahead of time, it has to be handled differently.

Best wishes toward your mom.

ETA: lol, I'm a little late outta the gate there - comes of opening lots of tabs and reading them throughout the day.
              I just saw this (somehow). I thought locks of love was for children with cancer. Ill have to relook into it. It like it to go to some cancer organization.

Also, no, I can't stop rubbing my head. Its crazy!

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm blushing . Thinking about getting a rainbow wig just for the hell of it.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                Bet you can't stop rubbing it at this point.
                *Raises hand* Guilty.

I've been rubbing my head off and on since I got it buzzed. I love how it feels. It's so soft. Even my mom's taken to rubbing my head sometimes.

And I want to echo what everyone else has been saying: Anima, you look amazing with your hair buzzed like that. It definitely suits you.

Have you thought about keeping it permanent? It's something to consider.
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Count me among the "can't stop rubbing it" crowd. It's been two years, and I still find myself rubbing my scalp. Especially on shaving day. (I tend to shave it every other day, so on my 'off' days it's pretty stubbly.)
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                    I just saw this (somehow). I thought locks of love was for children with cancer. Ill have to relook into it. It like it to go to some cancer organization.
                    The American Cancer Society refers people to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths and Wigs for Kids. So there's two places you can start with
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      Yeah, right? Or, especially with a buzz cut.
                      Actually, yes, you are right. But if you decide to grow out, Amina, know that your hair is gorgeous, too.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's a lovely thing you did with your mother. It looks good on you.

Comment

WOW - I have to say, you're very pretty in the first photos, but in the buzzcut ones you look *stunning*!!!

Your Mom's a very lucky lady to have all your support!
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Walked around all day as a hairless wonder. My husband said I looked like I just wanted to kick someone's ass. I told him ill have to go shopping for some combat boots to stomp around in. My cousin called me Ripley (from Alien). But all in all, I feel good.

My mom is doing well. She has several more weeks of chemo and then has to have radiation. If it all goes according to plan, she'll be done with treatment right before Christmas.

I've decided to send the hair to Pantene beautiful lengths. It'll go out in the AM.i have my own pony tail as well as my aunts to send out. My sister in laws hair was too short and too processed to send away.

Thank you all for your compliments. it's an interesting feeling to be this way. Never thought I would do it (anyone can tell you, I was absolutely in love with my hair) but as I'd walk to the ends of the earth and back for my mother, shaving my head is the least I can do to make her feel better. I appreciate the prayers and support. You guys are awesome.

(Been rubbing it all day!)

Comment

My boyfriend gets it buzzed every so often (usually when I've nagged him to do so otherwise it can turn into an afro or a ponytail ). The day after he does it, I'm one of the rubbing it crowd
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

What a beautiful thing you all did for your mom! And, I must say, Amina, you look HAWT with your hair all gone!
                                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                                X