X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrounded: Outmanned and outgunned.

Interesting thread title. I know.

For those special occasions where you're just plain surrounded and don't have any backup coming for leagues out to the horizon and beyond, what do you say when confronted by more than one person at a time, or even by that one person that wants you to completely cease all productions with your current customer to heroically go gallivanting triumphantly to their aid?

For example, I'm cutting about sixteen keys for a customer (Four times four; not at all unreasonable) with a line six people deep, with at least eight people in the nearby loose screws aisles, two of which are eyeballing me, tapping their toes waiting for my attention so I can pinpoint their charge for them rather than having them indulge in the self-service nature of the aisles they are currently in.

My own preferred response to "I need help. Now." is: "My good sir/mademoiselle, my pact with you is to give you as much aid as you allow me to give to my current customer. Thank you."

So far, it hasn't blown up in my face.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

That's an excellent response! And it probably hasn't blown up because they're spending the next 10 minutes trying to figure out what you just said, LOL!

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
      at least eight people in the nearby loose screws aisles
      Sounds like the perfect place for SCs to be.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sorry, I have to finish this transaction before I can commence another. You're welcome to *list all active alternatives in a succinct manner*.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Nothing really, considering I have already called for people to help out. Once I do that there's nothing else I can really do, save for blunty telling the truth.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
          X